The Heir

There are a lot of things that Peter is very good at. But there are also a lot of things that Peter is very bad at. He's bad at making decisions (sometimes), bad at keeping secrets and most importantly, he may be bad at running a whole damn company. The second Tony announced to the board members and even the Avengers that Peter was going to be the heir to Stark Industries if anything were to happen to Tony, Peter felt like he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

Ever since Peter lost his Aunt due to a car accident when he was 12, Tony felt like it was only right for him to be the kid's legal guardian. And before they all knew it, Tony decided to adopt the kid and now he's Peter Benjamin Stark. Peter knew how well-known Tony is and although it kinda upset him that Peter didn't want to go by Stark yet until he announces him being the rightful heir to the company and his true identity, Tony eventually agreed knowing Peter did not do well with a huge amount of attention from other people. But now that he's almost 16, Tony felt that it was about time he announces to the world who Peter truly was. However, Peter being Peter, he was a nervous wreck for next week's press conference.

"I cannot believe you're the heir of Stark Industries." Ned said for the millionth time today. It shocked Peter as well but he didn't want to dwell on it too much. He won't be handling the company until he reaches the age of 21. He still has a lot to learn from the old man.

"Look, you can come by to the press conference next week if you want to but I suggest you come after it's over since we're eating out with the whole team. The conference will be boring." said Peter who took out his books from his locker, making sure Ned was the only one who could hear what he was saying.

"Pete, I'll attend the conference. I want to see your Dad announce who you really are. And that's the chance for people here to stop treating you like shit! Especially Flash." Peter sighed as he imagined every article on the news by next week. He never liked being the center of attention but that's what you get if you're associated with Tony Stark himself.

"That's what I don't want to happen. I rather be this loser that gets picked on than be famous and have people kiss my ass just because I'm Tony's adopted son and the soon to be heir of SI."

Ned opened his mouth to say something when he heard a familiar voice booming down the hallway.

"Hey, Penis!" Flash called out as people stepped out of the way to let him through causing Peter to grumble under his breath.

"What do you want, Flash?" Peter asked in a monotone voice as he faced Flash who snickered at him.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to say that next week, I have the opportunity to be at Stark's press conference. Heard Tony is announcing the heir to his company. You know Tony Stark, right? The big man. The man who you fantasize to work for?" Flashed laughed at the last sentenced causing Peter to sigh.

"I'm not fantasizing anything, Flash. I do work at SI. I don't know why you still haven't let that go."

"Look, dickwad, everyone knows you've been lying about the internship and I'm honestly impressed that you're still going with your whole imagination. I pity you, Parker. Tony wouldn't even want to associate himself with a person like you."

"Yeah, you're right, Flash. He wouldn't." Peter said before walking away with Ned, completely ignoring Flash's insults from behind. Since Flash was going to be the press conference, Peter kind of wants to see his reactions when he finds out who he really is. The boy is too proud to learn his lesson.

~☆~

The week has gone by quickly and before they know it, Peter is pacing around the room, clearly not wanting to go outside with all the reporters and journalists out there. But there was no escaping, his fate was already sealed. The rest of the Avengers including Ned were already outside and seated, waiting for the press conference to start.