Something Blue

Tony is thankful for a lot of things.

He's thankful for Pepper, for Rhodey, for Happy, for the Avengers, for Peter, for Morgan and most especially, he's thankful for the second chance that he got.

Tony thought that was it for him. When he snapped, he already felt as if his soul was leaving his body but lo and behold, he survived it and managed to live a few more years with his family and friends.

He got to witness the forming of the New and Young Avengers, he got to experience what it's like to have a peaceful retirement, he got to spend more time with Peter and Harley and guiding them as best as he could since the two have the responsibility of being Spider-Man and Iron Lad, and he got to watch his daughter grow up into a beautiful young woman.

Morgan Stark grew up with beauty and brains. She's as feisty and hard working as her mother and as smart and witty as her father. Morgan has a passion for science, business, and mechanical engineering. And like her dad, she's always at the top of her class.

But all of this didn't make her head big at all. She always stayed humble and made sure to keep her feet on the ground. Morgan is kind and well-mannered but didn't tolerate anyone's bullshit very well and would fight back for what was right. Something that she picked up from her mom.

All in all, Tony couldn't be more proud of his little girl and loved seeing her surrounded with such good people. It was a sight to see her growing up with Peter and Harley who she considered as her older brothers.

However, the Stark family were invited to a gala that would help support charities and environmental causes and Morgan was more than glad to go.

If only she found herself a dress.

Days had passed since they were invited and the gala is being held tomorrow at 8 PM and she still hasn't found herself a dress to wear.

Morgan had searched the mall with her Mom and Auntie Nat, who would also be at the gala with the team, but after searching for hours, she was the only one who went home without a dress and it was beginning to frustrate her.

An idea suddenly popped in her head and soon enough, Morgan made her way to her parent's room and began to rummage through Pepper's closet. She knew her Mom kept dresses that she no longer wore and it'd be a waste if they just stayed inside the closet.

Eventually, Morgan spotted a royal blue silk gown. Taking it out from the closet, she looked at it in awe at how beautiful it was and began to inspect if it needed any stitches.

The gown was backless and it stopped all the way down to the floor and she absolutely adored it.

Morgan carefully closed the closet door and made her way out of her parent's bedroom before she was caught and immediately put the gown inside her room.

Thankfully, it was still in good condition and nothing a little dry cleaning would fix so she made a mental note to do just that after she's finished doing her homework.

When the night of the gala arrived, Tony looked at his watch and kept track of how many hours it's been since Morgan locked herself inside. Neither Pepper knew why she would do so but both of them suspected that she didn't want to be disturbed while getting ready.

Morgan hated it when she was being rushed.

After a few minutes, Morgan got out of her room and carefully made her way downstairs just as Pepper was adjusting Tony's tie, her back faced towards her daughter while Tony was too busy looking at his phone.

"Glad you could join us, I was beginning to wonder you changed your mind and--" Tony stopped once he laid eyes on his daughter. Pepper looked at him confused and turned around only to gasp and put her hand over her mouth.

Standing in front of them was Morgan, who wore the blue dress that Pepper once wore all those years back at a gala both her and Tony attended. The gown that the Rescue suit was inspired by.

"Oh, honey, you look gorgeous." Pepper smiled and walked over to her daughter before cupping her face and pressing a kiss to her forehead, "Where did you find this?"

"In your closet, I thought it looked pretty so I decided to borrow it. You don't mind, right?" Morgan smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Baby, I don't mind at all. You can keep it. That was your father's birthday gift to me." Pepper smiled and looked back at Tony who still didn't take his gaze off of his daughter.

Clearing his throat, Tony blinked away the tears that were slowly forming in his eyes as he stepped forward to Morgan who indeed looked very much like Pepper.

The thought of his little girl growing up on him always managed to bring tears to his eyes. It seemed like a thousand years ago when he first held Morgan when she was a baby but now, standing in front of him was a woman who was headstrong and fierce like her mother.

"I guess I have to hoard a lot of people away. You'll be turning a lot of heads, Morguna." Tony smiled and looked at his daughter with adoration and pressed a loving kiss to her forehead, "You look so much like your mother."

"I'm happy you like it, Dad. Seems like this dress means a lot to you."

And it does. It was the very dress Pepper wore that made Tony realize he was in love with her. And now that Morgan was wearing it, it would be impossible if no one would be smitten by her.

"If only you saw how gorgeous your mother looked when she wore it. I'm surprised she kept it all these years." Tony chuckled while Pepper rolled her eyes playfully.

Tony was indeed thankful. And he thanked whatever higher power it is out there that he got to have the chance not to miss important moments like this in his life.

Maybe the grey hairs he was getting were worth it after all.