A Choice Is Made

Part Three of whatever has been going on lately in this book

Even though Peter knew that his intentions here were not ones of peace or reunion, he couldn't help the smile that slithered its way onto his face. Before he knew it, he had a beaming grin on his face, lighting up the room. "Bucky! It's been forever!"

Bucky, who had up until then sat quietly and distant broke into a huge smile and stood up to hug the boy in front of him. Peter, who due to his arm restraints, couldn't hug back, was content enough to just feel his old mentor's arms around him. He reminisced in the times when Bucky would hold the young boy and comfort him after a kill when Bucky rubbed his back in comfort and promised that he would do whatever he could to get the young boy out. But, most of all he remembered the times when Bucky would sit there and read him stories or tell him adventures that he had with his best friend, Steve, before Hydra had taken him. Despite Hydra's best efforts, Bucky retained his memories, and due to Bucky's masterful deception skills, Hydra was none the wiser.

Bucky let go of their embrace and swiftly undid Peter's bindings. King T'Challa watched with wary eyes, "I assume you know this man?" He asked Bucky.

Nodding, Bucky replied, "I helped raise the kid, I sure as hell know him."

Peter, whose arms were now free, chirped in, "Hey, old man, I sure as hell am not a kid no more!"

Bucky rolled his eyes playfully before they got stern and questioning, "Why are you here, you wouldn't have hunted me down unless it was important- so what is it?"

The weight of the situation fell down upon Peter's shoulders once more. He collapsed into the chair and stared up at Bucky, debating what to say. After a few moments of him collecting his thoughts, he croaked out honestly, "SHIELD gave me a mission that they have coerced me into completing..." When Bucky stood silent with a knowing glint in his eyes, Peter continued, "They want me to bring you in for questioning."

With a snort, Bucky collapsed on his own chair, "Better than killing me I suppose."

Peter, in a moment of weakness, forgetting that others were in the room beside his mentor, put his head in his hands and his shoulders started to shake. "I-I just wanted to be free of anyone's hand. To no longer be a pawn- but no matter where I go it seems a pawn is all I'll ever be." He stared at his hands and opened and closed them, he could almost feel the blood dripping on them from everything he had done. He was filthy, drenched in the blood of both the guilty and the innocent. "I thought that SHIELD would let me stay a civilian, let me be normal, let me be a kid for once. But it seems they want The Spider just like everyone else."

The Spider. That's who he used to be, that's who he was bound to by Hydra. One of the deadliest assassins in the world, one who was bound not by contract, but by Hydra and their highest bidder. Peter had hurt so many people in his time as The Spider. And he started the job when he was the mere age of seven. No one expects the kid to be the one out for your blood- so it worked in both Hydra and their bidder's favour.

No one ever saw him coming.

And Peter never got any sleep because of it.

At the mention of his alias' name, a hush fell over the room as the others stared at the young boy who couldn't be more than sixteen sit in front of them, crying in grief. They had all thought The Spider was an older man, at least in his thirties (or his senior years like Bucky) and couldn't quite process that the young boy in front of them was him. Was the man- no the boy- that reigned terror over the planet's head for seven years. Still sniffling, Peter whimpered, "I had no choice- I was so young and Hydra had taken me from my home, I had to do what they wanted. And now, because I'm older, I thought I'd finally have a choice, t-there's always a choice," he took a deep intake of breath, "but it seems that there's never a choice in the matter for me." Before anyone could respond, he jolted up in his chair, tears streaming down his face, "But I have a choice now...

"I'll simply not do it. Say I never found you, Bucky. I can't take this wondrous city away from you- I just can't take your second chance at life away." He stood up, his feet planted firmly, "so I won't."

Peter had a shit-eating grin plastered on his hysterical face. He repeated, "So I won't." He leapt from foot to foot, becoming excited about something the rest in the room did not know.

"Yes," Peter hummed to himself, "there's always a choice- and mine has been made."

-=-

Sorry I'm late, last night I was watching a fashion/drag show (it was bomb) and got home too late to write. 

Hope you enjoyed this! I can maybe squeeze in one more completed catharsis part if you want it.

Also finals are killing me, please end my life, thanks

-SecretsInMyHead