CLIVE

Year: 2342

Month: September

Date: 17

Destination: Zeroan Galaxy (Fifth Dimension)

Clive's brain hurt. Vani had told them everything. He finally understood her obsession with sleep. It was damn precious.

Biological war. That's what earth wanted. How screwed up could one planet be? They had already destroyed their own home. And now they wanted to destroy other homes as well. Huh.

Someone knocked on his door. He stood up and opened it.

Phoenix, Vani and Maverick. He smiled. At least he had friends. He had found friendship in the most unlikely place. Even Maverick he'd come to like. At least, when he didn't want to kill Clive.

The three of them came inside and sprawled on the floor. Clive joined them.

"I'm sorry.", Vani said quietly.

Clive understood Vani. He understood why she didn't trust someone completely. This world had done nothing to welcome her. So now she was wary.

"But this is it Vani. No more secrets. You don't tell those guys anything? Fine. But us? You tell us everything. We're a team now. Understood?" Maverick said.

Clive whistled. "Look at our boy. He's come a long way from wanting to kill all of us. I think we broke him.", he nudged Phoenix.

They all burst out laughing.

"You weirdos." Vani said.

"Explain something to me though." Clive said looking at Vani.

She nodded. "Shoot."

"You had promised me you'd get me a thousand more books. Was that just a ploy to get me to join up or was that true?" His voice held no coyness or bitterness.

She shook her head. "I didn't lie about that. If we get out of this alive. I did intend on giving you your books."

"But how?"

She smiled. "You're not the only one who likes books it would seem."

His eyes widened. "You?"

Vani laughed. "No. Covey Rainer. He had to bribe me with the books in order to infiltrate Zeroa for him."

"Yeah about that. How do we infiltrate undetected?"

"He....he's formed an unlikely alliance." She had a smile on her face.

The three boys looked at each other.

"Spill.", Clive commanded.

"You are relentless. Alright so, Covey was like obsessed with Zeroan culture for as long as I can remember. He knows so much about them."

Maverick nodded. "I know. We have worked together a couple of times. And it's true. He gets so excited it's like watching a kid eat candy."

"Yea. So anyways. There was a reason. He had heard about this particular Zeroan. Her name is Isha Roy. He has been idolising her since he was 10 years old. She's some sort of writer? And he has these articles of her pinned everywhere. He's been in love with this girl since eight years. And he's like, never even seen her. Anyways. She's also some sort of coding expert? So he's established contact with her. She's gonna help us out. Even if she doesn't know it yet."

Woah. Clive's eyes brightened. "This love story must totally melt your heart huh Clive." Phoenix teased.

This. This is what he wanted. Hah.

Vani turned towards him with amusement in her eyes. "You're a romantic huh?"

He shook his head, cheeks flaming. "No comment."

"Ok, we need to tell the others about this. Otherwise they're gonna pounce on you again.", Clive said.

"I'm scared of Naina.", Phoenix muttered.

Maverick nodded. "She's super scary. I like her."

Clive, Phoenix and Vani said together, "Of course you do."