🌹 The Rainbow Tree

"Listen up, everyone!"

Gabbriel let out a huff as Fairy tail's guild master spoke loud enough for all of them to hear. She was sitting at a table with her brother across from her. Surprisingly, Levy was sitting to her left as they talked about books and non-important things.  Levy's two bodyguard - Drett and Joy, Gabbey still didn't remember their names - were glaring lightly at the two Redfoxes. They weren't as harsh as they use to be anymore though. 

  "What's the old geezer gotta say now?" Gabbriel muttered, making Levy smack her arm gently. 

  "Shush!"

  "Those who call themselves wizards shall ne'er neglect sharpening their skills!" Makarov continued. Even standing on the bar counter, Gabbey could still be taller than him. They shall polish their techniques, and perform jobs on request! And they must earn their daily bread!"

  "Lets get this bread," Gabbey muttered lowly, causing Gajeel to snort. 

  "For as there be sunny days, surely there be rainy ones! For as there be days in which work is finished without trouble, surely there be days which are naught but an uphill struggle!" He paused. "However! No matter what happens, tomorrow will always come! And we shall continue to walk the path, as wizards! That's what it means to be a Fairy tail wizard!" 

Makarov threw up the symbol of Fairy tail, making everyone cheer and do the same. Levy did so proudly, shoving her elbow into Gabbey's ribs when she noticed that the Dragon Slayer wasn't doing it. 

Gabbey huffed again, holding her hand up mockingly as she took a gulp from her mead. 

  "Everyone, you've worked really hard this past year! And so, in honor of your hard work, tomorrow will be the long await. . .super-fun hanami party! Today we'll have a pre-celebration!"

As the rest of the guild cheered and got the beer ready - meaning Levi, Drew, and Jolt bouncing away excitedly - Gajeel and Gabbriel watched with non amusement. As soon as people started to sit down with their buddies, the twins stood up in sync and walked over to the mission board. Which, was barely even filled like usual.

  "This is messed up." Gajeel stated, grinding his metal bolts. 

  "No kidding," Gabbey replied, snapping a metal bar in half. 

  "Everyone, please take it easy since tomorrow's the read deal." Mirajane warned her guildmates. 

  "I don't even know what this 'hanami party' thing is!" 

  "I don't get these people," Gajeel grunted. "Everyone's acting like their heads are in the clouds. It's just cherry blossom season, sheesh!" 

  "Yo, skulls, pick a job already," Gabbey ordered the tanned man with a skull necklace around his neck. 

  "Oi, Juvia, what's wrong?" Gajeel grumbled, making Gabbey take notice that the usual perky blue was in a depressed grey tone. 

  "Gray-sama. . .Gray-sama went off on a job!" She cried. "Juvia can't believe how lonely the guild is without Gray-sama here!"

  "He can't help it, okay? He's a Fairy tail wizard!" Skulls commented. 

  "Like you can say anything!" Gajeel retorted. 

  "But Juvia's been left behind!" 

  "Well, Gray's formed a team with Natsu and the others, so that's just how it is." Skulls tried to explain. 

  "But they took Wendy and Carla with them!"

  "Huh, that's where the kid went." Gabbey mumbled.