Chapter 36 - Cunning Fox

After we had some sushi, I decided it doesn't taste as good as I thought it would, and since Gai thought I didn't eat enough, we ended up going to a Chinese restaurant nearby.

By the time we finished, my stomach already bloated, to the point where I couldn't walk properly, so we just had to walk around slowly to digest the food.

Our hands were tightly intertwined, something I found myself getting used to. Watching his large hand holding onto my much smaller fingers, I remembered the times grandpa would dragged me home after I had a fight with him. Though grandpa's mouth didn't stop nagging, his words coax me into listening to him.

Grandpa, I hadn't meet him for months now. At least not since I woken up from my unexpected coma. I think...

"Gai, do you think, grandpa is too busy to even call me?"

When I asked Gai that, he who was walking with this happy vibe around him suddenly halted. I had to tilted my head only to look at the back of his head, and he didn't turn around to face me even after my questioning.

The sky was already dark, and the light in front of us just functioned to hinder more of my view of him. Gai seemed blurry that night as he stood there with his back facing me.

.

.

.

.

That night, I finally knew that something had happened to grandpa. He was sick, already bedridden. Yet no one, not a single person, ever tell me about it.

.

.

.

.

You know, I was't exactly bad tempered, and it was pretty hard to anger me. But this time, knowing that everyone deliberately hid things from me, I just couldn't stop the rising fury. Plus, it was about grandpa.

How could they, they hid the fact that something was wrong with grandpa. And me, it had been almost four months since I woke up, four darn months, and I had been living pretty well with Gai, laughing and happy, yet, I know nothing about that old man.

And they even had the guts to say that they would bring me to meet him, only when they deem me ready. Harry, Gabby, even Gai, they just wouldn't agree to my demand of wanting to meet my own grandfather. Even my sister just kept on saying to listen to Gai whenever I called her.

Few days passed, and I just ended up giving everyone the cold shoulder as I retreated into my room most of the time. Not even Alec could coax me into talking to those men. I just didn't know what to feel after knowing that they purposely never mention about grandpa to me.

I wasn't trying to be a brat, but this was my grandfather. That old man was the one who raised me, that old man was the parent I didn't have, and that old man was my most loyal friend.

He was, he was important to me. Yet here I was, not having a clue about him. Whether or not he was actually alive, and whether or not he still remembers me, I didn't know.

Laying on the grass covered ground at the back garden, I watched the drifted clouds. Just then, Gabby came to talk to me. But I just ignored him and ran there to be alone.

As for Gai, even the sight of him made me felt mad. Just a few days ago, I thought that we had gotten much closer and even went food hunting together, yet when another secret was revealed, I once again couldn't make myself to talk to him.

"Mummy..."

Alec that had been hiding behind a willow tree nearby whined for me. His eyes fixed on me as he hesitated to approach.

Sighing, I motioned him to come over and seeing that, the little doll hurriedly ran to me with this brightening face.

I was still laying on the grass, and Alec just casually sat on my stomach. This kid...

It was alright for him to usually sat like this whenever he wanted to on his father's firm stomach but my hips would break if this kept on happening to me.

But under his angelic face, who was I to prevent him from breaking a bone or two. Sighed.

"Mummy...papa said, that mummy didn't like him anymore. Why? Is it because he is annoying? Mummy, mummy. Papa is, despite being annoying, he is a good man, and a bit cunning like a fox, and kind with ulterior motives, like uncle Harry said. So you should tolerate it when talking to him."

Alec blurted out, along the way reciting some insults with completely harmless facade. Listening to him, I wasn't sure whether to take these as his way to defend or kill his father.

"Our Alec knows so many words already. You're so smart."

I complimented, somewhat couldn't take it anymore when I heard how Alec kept on trying to rise the value of his father and degrading him at the same time.

As expected, my words made him smiled so wide that I practically saw a pair of flapping wings behind Alec.

He had on this smug look on his face, which reminded me of his father. Sighed.

"Darling~ it isn't that mummy didn't like papa, but papa kept secret from mummy. Big, important secret. So mummy just couldn't help the disappointment. What should mummy do then?"

Hearing this, Alec was completely stunned.

"He kept secret? What kind of secret?"

"Uh..........it's the adults matter."

I couldn't possibly tell Alec things regarding my grandpa, could I? So I just smiled a smile I thought seemed adult-like.

Alec then nodded quietly, seemingly understood what I was trying to say. He blinked down at me from his position on my stomach, his red lips gaped as if he wanted to tell me something but clearly hesitated.

Rising an eyebrow, I urged the kid to tell me what he had in mind. My heart pounded expectingly.

-

-

-

-

please vote, comment o follow for more........