Chapter 18 - Family

I could only helplessly readied my mouth to be feed, as Alec had already grabbed my plate of foods in front of him so he could feed them to me.

Not that I mind the royal treatment.

The three of us were having lunch together, much to my dismay after I had to go through an awkward round of breakfast in the morning.

But well, things seemed a little better that afternoon after we spent some times together, watching my and Alec's favorite movie. But honestly, I really admired Gai as he seemed perfectly contented despite being forced to be with us kiddos.

"I know mummy like this, here, mummy can eat mine too."

Alec kept on feeding me, ignoring my look of protest for my stomach already bloated from the excess foods.

I shot Gai a pleading gaze, asking silently for him to help me as I was completely helpless against that blue eyes.

But much to my favor, he just smiled away, calmly sipping his drink. I bet he was laughing inside seeing my miserable state. (Darn him and his handsome face)

"Mummy? Can...can I...ask for a favor?"

Alec suddenly asked politely, though his small hand still actively feeding me. The little doll was expectingly looking in my eyes, shooting a love arrow through my weak heart, *sigh*.

How could I say no to him when I already was a love struck fool?

"Of course. I'll do anything I can."

"Then-then... Can we play together, everyday? Can you accompany me? Please?"

"Well certainly. Let's play together everyday. We should make the back garden as our spot from now on." Since I had nothing to do lately anyway.

"Really? You didn't mind? You aren't mad? You wouldn't find me boring? Really?"

He kept on asking, seeking for some sort of confirmation. Though I didn't think he should since I had never says no to him ever since we met and getting closer.

"I didn't mind, I'm not mad, and I will never find you boring, I swear."

I promised, grinning brightly.

I seriously thought that Alec would be brimming with happiness when I said that, but different from my expectation, his blue eyes just shone with flood of tears. And that freaked me out.

I was panicking, patting his head, his hand, anywhere, wanting to calm him down but it somehow just made him cried harder.

"Why?! What is happening? Why is he crying?! Gai help me!"

I kept turning my head from Alec to Gai, hoping for Gai to help me out.

Gai walked to his son, looking down on him with gentle eyes, as his large hand stroke the little doll's small head. There he had a small smile, just letting Alec poured his tears out.

"You have your mother now, shouldn't you show her a better side of you so she would dot on you?"

Gai whispered to Alec's ear, with his black eyes on me as he guided his adorable little son.

What? He thought I didn't hear that? Why was he encouraging stuff like that, darn it. Stop feeding him ideas!

How much more should I dot on him? I was practically a slave (completely binded to his cuteness) to his son already! 😭

True to his father, Alec leaped to my side; with snot and all, as he tightly wrapped my waist with his tiny arms.

"Mummy...mummy..."

Alec kept on calling, like reciting a mantra, as if he was afraid that I would suddenly vanish.

Sigh...

It couldn't be help. I guess I could spoil him since maybe, better than most people, I did understand Alec's worries.

Before his father marries me, Alec didn't have his mother by his side as he grew up. Gai might be a good father, but Alec also still needs his mother.

That feeling of wanting to be spoil by our mother, I knew that. I went through that too.

Everyday as we grew up, slowly making our own memories, building our own relationships, we eventually would realize how we actually lack that person in our life.

We didn't have our mother, we might never say it, but deep inside, as we saw people around us with their mothers, we also wanted to have that. We wanted to have that complete family.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind giving him that. A new family, we could have that. With Gai, Alec...and well me, I guess.

"Don't cry... don't cry... mummy is here..."

I bended my back and wrapped my arms around him, whispering to his ear, letting him heard those words that I had always wished to hear...back then when I cried alone.

And as I felt our body being engulfed by a warm and strong body of Gai, I couldn't help but to be grateful, to thank the sky for granting me this favor of having people that need me by my side.

For the first time ever since I had woken up and left feeling completely helpless and lost, I thought that, having these people as my new family, it wasn't that bad after all.

And I hoped that it could get better, as we grew closer to each other.

I wondered if I could, but I was expecting, expecting that I'd be happier in the future.

With Alec...

With Gai...

And also...

With myself...

-

-

-

-

And now Mimi had fully accepted her new family. Though she had this odd feelings around Gai...🧐

Well, this is just the beginning to a blurred future...😇

Please vote and comment down below lovelies...🤪