Chapter 7 - Black Aura

Their mansion probably look like (👆🏻) this looking from the driveway, I guess...😂 or better yet, bigger...😍

-

-

-

All of the singing and laughing didn't stop, not until I saw from afar, a luxuries looking mansion from the road we followed.

It was so far a few times more bigger than grandpa's house and look far better kept but it, it creeped me out. It gave me the chills, seriously.

I didn't like the mansion despite how gorgeous it looks from the outside but I had a bad feeling about it, as Gai apparently was heading that way. Don't tell me, that was his place?

"Gai, that's...that's your home?" hesitantly asking, I never look away from the mansion that emitted some thick black aura(I probably was overreacting) which warned me to stay away.

"Our home. You remember it?" his laughed had stopped the moment I halted singing.

We both were silently eyeing the mansion with different feelings and thoughts in our mind.

I was scared truthfully but since I had lived there before, there should be nothing wrong with it. Maybe I had encountered a ghost(😂) or something that made me felt so distant due to the trauma.

At least that was what I tried to convince myself with.

And from a single glance, I saw Gai wearing his emotionless expression but, well, it was as if he was conflicting with his own minds over something, or probably not.

"No, but, I guess I kind of, have some odd feelings seeing it."

He fell silence again, hearing my answer. His jaw was tightened and his knuckles on the car steering turned white, which I assumed that it was his reaction caused by uh, his anger???

What? I couldn't give out my opinion on his house now? Really? How did I end up marrying a bipolar patient, dear grandpa?

We continued the journey and after a solid fifteen minutes, we were surrounded by a thick layer of forest.

Like, seriously? Just where in the world did this forest came out from?

We were like, in the city's street just a few minutes ago and now I doubted anyone had ever even come here.

Glancing towards Gai who seems somewhat calm now, I tried to push away the disturbing image playing in my head.

I could still see the mansion we were heading to so the withdrawal symptom that began to show up due to my tendency to chicken out in fear started to fade away, only for a little bit though.

"Um, this place is kind of, uh, like a horror movie set, isn't it?" I was trying my best to chase away the nagging in my head that kept on whispering horrified things to my ears, by talking to Gai.

But as helpful as he was, he ignored me. Feeling frustrated, I kept my mouth shut. Well since he really like his image as a man-with-few-words, I decided to humor him by stopping myself from talking.

Man, he was annoying.

As I was still trying to distract myself, we already reached the front gate of his mansion.

The gate was tall, like, beyond tall. I couldn't see the exact height of the gate from inside of the car by only peaking through the car's front glasses so wanting to take a closer look; I rolled down the glasses window on my side and stretched my heads out.

The gate by now was gaping apart to let us in, making the huge lion head decorated on the gate to split in the middle. Poor lion. (Seriously...was it really necessary to put that gold lion head right there over there?)