eight🐣

A/N: who y'all shipping?

ONE WEEK LATER

winnie's pov

"Good morning pretty lady." Aaron sang as I got into his car.

"I'm not tryna get deaf today." I teased at his groggy voice.

He playfully rolled his eyes. "How you doing?" He asked me.

"We just saw yesterday. Why do you always act like we haven't seen in ages?" I asked him, smiling.

"Well, shit It feels that way." He bit his lip and looked up at me.

I turned away to hide my face, warmth rose to my cheeks and even though I was dark skinned, I could feel my face heating up.

Good Lord.

"Uh... Yeah- so... You excited to graduate? And prom?!"

I tried to change the subject nervously. I really wasn't ready for any sort of relationship at all. And I was still entertaining two conversations with two completely different males.

Aaron was sweet, hot and funny. He was what you wanted to bring back home to your mom and dad during Thanksgiving. He was the poster boy for perfect boyfriends with a bit of bad boy. The only thing I didn't like was his foul mouth.

While Mr. Machiavelli on the other hand, was devilishly handsome with a dark humour and charming too but in a much more dangerous way. He was calculated and cold. He always had that smirk on his face and a mischievous glint in his eye. Everything about him seemed discreet and hidden.

"Fuck...Don't remind me." He mumbled driving off.

"Come on! You are going right? It's prom!" I chose to ignore the profanities spilling out of his mouth and instead smiled and shook his shoulder.

"I don't know, to be honest with you. I mean what's the point? And its in like — what five months? I'll be around people I don't really wanna hangout with."

"But you've spent at least four years with these people. You guys have gone through so much together, even if you don't realize it. They adore you too, you're the most popular dude in this school and dancing sounds fun huh?! And you're the best basketball captain and a possible
co -valedictorian. What other way to celebrate the end of a great season other than prom?" I probed, trying to get him to agree. I poked his elbow.

"I'll think about it. But only because you asked ma."

I squealed and clapped my hands.

"You finna be my personal cheer leader huh?" He grinned starting the car.

My cheeks warmed up for the umpteenth time today.

"Something like that."

...

"Aaron said what?!" Jean furrowed her well done brows in confusion while I illustrated a flirty conversation Aaron and I had not too long ago.

It was Tuesday and me, Nthanda and her were at Diggy's Diner after school.

"What you heard!" Nthanda chuckled scrolling through her phone.