'Sorry, but this fire... is untouchable!' The entire firestorm pushed itself into the wind the same time your fist did. An explosion happened. Erigor was blown away from you, disoriented and scathed. You landed on the track when the fire and magic circles disappeared.

"AMAZING!! I THINK I COULD FALL FOR HER!" Natsu exclaimed, eyes turning to sparkles.

"Don't you already have a crush—"

"AHH!! SHUT UP!!!"

"She's... on a whole other level..." He muttered to himself, gaping at you. "... why...? How does a person like this... exist? She's not human..." He growled and shook his head.

"Storm Mail!" He spun the scythe in his hand and a magic circle appeared. Wind spun around from it and soon encased his body. A whirlwind surrounded him in a protective armor.

"Here I come!" He flew towards you. You raised your hand, prepared to defend yourself, but he skimmed past you instead.

'Ah shit, here we go again...'
Erigor held his arm out to Natsu, the circle appearing again.

"Storm Shred!" Hails of wind needles shot towards Natsu. He jumped out of the way and launched up to Erigor, fire engulfing his feet and hand. Only one hand.
Like a typhoon, your hair whipped around from the gale. Natsu wasn't able to get close to him. He was blown away.

"Emera Baram!" He crossed his fingers. Multiple mini-magic circles appeared and rotated like a windmill.

"Time to die, cinder-faced brat!" There was a spark. The attack was quick. You were quicker. A concentrated blast of wind blew along the track. You wrapped your arms around Natsu, flying through the air. You landed flat on your back. The tracks in front of you were destroyed. You let out a pained grunt.

"Natsu! Y/n! Get up!" Happy exclaimed.

"Oh? I'm impressed their body's still in one piece," Erigor said, slowly coming down to hover over the ground. "Not bad, for young wizards." You let out a pained groan, slowly pushing Natsu up into a sitting position.

'GodDAMN HE'S HEAVY.' You collapsed back when his weight fell back onto you.

"Don't worry. I'll send the older geezers to join you soon enough," you heard Erigor say, "Using the sound of the Lullaby, of course."
Natsu's fist collided to the track the same moment he stood to a squat. You also managed to sit up, despite the thrashing earlier.

"Lullaby this, Lullaby that!" He stood, throwing his shirt off. "If you want Gramps dead, then fight fair and square!"

"Way to go, Natsu!" Happy jumped.

"Impossible. You're back on your feet?"
You may have had a lot of magic power, but your body was beginning to grow sore and cramped up. If you were determined enough, you could fight for hours more, but Natsu's handling it. You weren't used to using your magic in large bursts like that. Not yet, at least.

"If you don't have the guts to fight, then don't mess with me!" Fire ignited his fists. His head turned to look at you. A smile came to his face. "Thank you, Y/n. For always protecting me. Now it's my turn!" He launched from the ground.

"What a stubborn brat!" Erigor exclaimed. You smiled, watching Natsu even when his fire was blown out again.

'That's right.' You thought.

'He's stubborn as fuck. Good luck trying to get through that, Windy Fuck.'

"DAMN IT!!!!!!! WHY CAN'T I GET CLOSE!?!?!?!?"
Scorching heat hit your body. Fire surrounded Natsu much like Erigor's Wind Mail.

'He's...' You thought.

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!" He grabbed the metal track and his fire began to melt it. You noticed the way Erigor's wind was changing—blowing strangely. With a final scream, the metal was smelted enough for him to rip in half, his flames becoming brighter, stronger, bigger.

"Now I see!" Happy exclaimed from next to you. You and him locked gazes the same moment and a bond of understanding passed.

"Natsuuuu!!!!!!!" Happy yelled to him. When you got his attention, Happy waved his paw dismissively and you shook your head disapprovingly.

"It's no use. You can't beat him. Let Gray handle this," you both said. Natsu was completely dumbfounded, fire sizzling out immediately.

"WHAT DID YOU SAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!" A pillar of fire appeared—brighter, stronger, hotter. Erigor's Storm Mail was almost completely blown away. You smirked, proud of the flame-brain.

"I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!!!!!!!!!"
He launched forward is a missile of heat, connecting his head to Erigor's abdomen.

"Hm," you chortled, "At least he's using his head for once."

"Fire Dragon Sword Horn!" He spun around before snapping his head up, sending Erigor flying and his fire in an arc. Erigor landed head-first into a pile of rubble.

"That more like it, Happy, Y/n?!"

"Aye! I'd expect no less from Natsu the Salamander!" Happy replied.

"Not bad." You nodded. "I'd give it a solid 7/10."

"EHH?! Only seven?! You're so mean!" He whined. You shrugged at him.

"What can you expect? I have high expectations."

"Also, what was that you said earlier?" Natsu stared pointedly at the cat.

"Cats have short memories, so..."

"You said I can't beat him so leave it to Erza or something!"

"Wow, your memory is even worse than a cat's. I said Gray, not Erza. And Y/n said the exact same thing!" A paw was pointed at you. Your brow twitched.

"Y/n's different!" Natsu insisted.

"You won, though, Natsu," you spoke. He turned around and smiled.

"Oh, well!" He rested his hands behind his head. "But how did I manage to hit him in the end, anyway?"

"Because you're awesome!" Happy replied.

"Oh, right!"
You laughed and came up next to him, resting your elbow on his shoulder. His eyes looked over at your side profile. His cheeks tinted a light pink.

"Natsu, you're blushing," Happy whispered in his ear.

"AHH!!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!"

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}