Howth got choked since his statement was not wrong.

How come I feel like his IQ suddenly increase?

Although his face showed that he was angry, he was ,in fact, greatly satisfied with his son’s performance.

So as a reward he ended their practice earlier than usual and ushered him to their home.

The place that they have been practising was an open space just little bit outside the village.

While walking back Shi Shen finally had the time to recall the plot. This time the theme was fantasy in Medieval Europe, West kingdom, one of the three kingdom in Chaos continent.

He was currently in the body of Seth Stewart. He lived with his father, Howth Stewart the blacksmith and his little sister, Clarice Stewart, a 6 years old girl. His mother died after giving birth to his sister so Howth has been raising them by himself for all this time.

They lived in a small peaceful village as lowly commoners. Howth had no expectation of having his children becoming famous figure so he thought of letting his son become a sword instructor in this village while finding a good husband for his daughter.

However, something unexpected happened. Seth suddenly awakened his ability making him a Mana user.

In this world, unlike the spiritual energy that he has been seeing from the ancient books in his world, here it was replaced by Mana.

There was no real proof on where did Mana originate from, it’s just that once you absorb Mana it would give you strength while manipulating Mana was called Magic.

Therefore, respectable jobs were either Swordsman or Mage.

However, not everyone could have the ability to use Mana so that’s why it was a big deal for Seth, not to mention he was also a commoner.

In this era, the social ranking mattered the most. It was classified into: Knight, Lord, Baron, Viscount, Count, Marquis, Duke, Prince, King.

If you were to offend a person in a higher class than you, it would not be  wrong of them to punish you.

Even if you were to become rich by doing business, you will not gain a title regardless.

The only way for a commoner to live an easy life was to have a splendid ability becoming Swordsman or Mage then worked for a rich family or could go to work in the palace.

It was a rare occurrence for someone to gain title bestowed by the King.

Seth was not a timid boy, to begin with so he was excited to discover his ability and asked his father to enroll him in the Maria Academy in the capital.

Howth hesitated for a long time but in the end, he gave in and sent him to the capital.

Maria Academy was the only school that stood side by side with Imperial Academy in terms of education and was also the only place that accepted every applicant regardless of their title. However, their rule was a bit strict and you could only get out of the school during your summer vacation or on school expedition.

So Seth could only go visit his hometown once a year. At first, he was excited to meet new friends but his expectations immediately got dumped by cold water not long after.

He was talent but nevertheless, he was a commoner so he got hated by the upper-class people and even got bullied a lot.

His personality which used to be cheerful and sunny gradually changed into that of timid and coward until 4 years later he finally got to meet Ella Vendale, the female protagonist of this world.