Such a Softer Sin Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

He was broken out of his thoughts by Lila glancing up at him, she had a huge smile on her face and her eyes looked shiny like she was choked up, he looked down at her confused before glancing to the tv, like he would find the answer there to see why she was emotional all of a sudden, but it was still some cheesy ass game show. He looked back to her and she leant up kissing his cheek.

"He looks after you because he loves you." She whispered softly, making sure the other twin wouldn't hear her, although she doubted he would since he was so engrossed in his studying. Murphy's eyes widened, still not used to someone other than Connor being able to venture inside of his brain, but he knew it was the overwhelming love he had felt for his brother whilst thinking those things, coupled with being tangled with Lila, that made her able to feel it, hear him so clearly. He felt shy almost, like he had been caught out feeling soppy shit for Connor and he looked down, his cheeks flushing red.

It wasn't like she didn't know they loved each other, she knew just how deep their bond ran and she was right there with them. But the whole thing was still intense. They loved each other so deeply, in such a way people could never understand, and some people in their life, mainly jealous lasses along the way, had twisted those feelings. Saying they were in love with each other and that it was incestuous. But it wasn't like that, in any way shape or form. Murphy had no desire to fuck his fucking brother and he knew Connor didn't either. It wasn't romantic or sexual. But it was hard for other people to understand the bond the twins had without getting it mixed up with those things. And even though he knew Lila didn't think those things for a second, it still made him awkward, sometimes even ashamed as those feelings of embarrassment washed right over him all over again.

When those comments had been made, Connor would be offended of course, but it didn't affect him how it affected Murphy, just because the darker twin was far more sensitive to anything. Words hurt his soul, he took them fucking personally and they ate him alive. Connor could let words roll off him like water off a duck's back and they didn't bother him, sticks and stones and all that shite. But Murphy could never just ignore them. Those people had made him so deeply ashamed of himself and how much he cared for his brother and he hated it, because at times he had questioned their bond himself and wondered if it was even healthy. In the end he would be alright, they both would be. Because no matter what anyone fucking said, it was him and Connor until the end, and he didn't care. But every so often, like now, he could feel the embarrassment creep its way in, like even though Lila understood, he thought one day she would turn around and tell them how sick they were and how she had it wrong all along.

Lila frowned up at him, he seemed troubled but he was blocking her now. She knew it was her own fault for mentioning what she knew was going on in his head. She hadn't really meant to, Murphy's thoughts just touched her and she couldn't help herself. The adoration the brothers had for each other was something to behold and she felt lucky to be a part of that. But now Murphy was shutting down on her, he was shutting her out because her words had embarrassed him and that wasn't her intention in the slightest. She knew he was more sensitive to the issue than his blonde counterpart, he had mentioned in passing that people had said some unsavoury things, so had Connor. She didn't know exactly what those people said but she could take a wild fucking guess. She thought it was sick that people would accuse them of such things, they just didn't get it. They saw something they didn't understand and they twisted it up, making the brothers feel weird about how much they loved each other. That shit didn't sit right with the redhead at all. She wanted to nurture their bond, to encourage them. She never wanted them to feel ashamed of the way they cared for each other, it always made her smile when she saw them interact.

She took his face in her hands, making him look at her through his lashes and she could see him blushing.

"Stop shutting me out Murphy, you don't need to do that. Not with me." She said firmly, making him nod. He relaxed a bit, he already knew he didn't have to feel that way with her but it was almost a knee jerk reaction. He was unaware that Connors intense concentration was broken by Murphy's huge wave of embarrassment and he was looking over curiously. He was more guarded after the things people had said, it was why he and Murphy didn't really tell anyone about their twin thing, only Lila knew about the telepathy. Even with her, he was hesitant but his brother had told her in depth anyway. Because his guard was up, things didn't affect him as much, not as much as the first time it had happened. But he knew Murphy still felt that shame each time, it never got any easier for him, and right now it was resurfacing for some reason and he wasn't sure why. He hadn't been in Murphy's head, he had been too caught up studying, he had missed something said between the pair and now his brother was sat there blushing feeling embarrassed about their bond.