𝟛𝟡

"What do we have?" Jeno asked, slamming his hands down on the table. The council flinched, but understandable so. Jeno looked terrifying; his black hair was a mess, he hadn't slept in forty eight hours, his eyes were fierce with determination.

"N-nothing yet sir." Yesung stammered. "The boarders are shut down, travel is limited, and the city is being swept."

"Move faster," Jeno growled, running a hand through his hair. "I want an idea of where Renjun went by midnight. How have interviews been going?"

"Heechul is still conducting them. He said that he's going to alert us with any news." Taeyong responded, and Jeno nodded, biting his thumb.
"Understood. Where have we searched?"

"Five kilometre radius around Odd Eye Café. They're definitely still in Saitora, since we shut down the roads going in and out."

"Search everywhere."

"Your Majesty!" A servant burst in, and Jeno turned.

"Yes?"

"Lieutenant Heechul has found something!"

Jeno never ran so fast in his life, flying to the interview rooms and opening the door where Heechul was sitting with a young woman, both of whom looked shocked at Jeno's unseemly entrance.

"I'm King Lee Jeno. You are?"

"Choi Yerim," She said, obviously surprised.

"Brilliant to meet you." Jeno grabbed a chair and sat down, looking at her intensely. "Please tell me what you know miss."

"Well, I was late to work because I was at the park across the way from the Odd Eye Café, I saw Prince Renjun sitting there and I was approaching to ask if he was okay. Before I got there, someone came over and introduced himself as Jeon to Your Highness and asked him if he could help find his friend. Initially Prince Renjun refused, but eventually he stood up and then collapsed."

"I was confused, so I followed them into a crowd. I lost them there, but they were definitely headed towards the east of Saitora, which is where the lords, ladies, dukes, all of them are."

"Thank you," Jeno said, taking a big breath. "Really, thank you. Lieutenant, make sure Miss Choi receives a rich compensation for her time and I will be giving her the title of Duchess once I find Renjun."

"Yes Your Majesty," Heechul bowed from his chair, and Yerim looked startled.

"Your Majesty you don't have to, I'm happy to help. It's my duty as a citizen."

"You will be getting rewarded, Miss Choi. It's only suitable," Jeno smiled, and Yerim smiled back a little.

"You're very different from your father Your Majesty."

"Thank you." And with that, Jeno raced out to find Jungsoo and Taeyong to concentrate the troops on the east part of the city and find someone named Jeon.

♛♔♛

At the sound of padding footsteps, Jisung looked up from his work, his tired eyes squinting to make out who it was. When he saw the familiar figure, he let out a soft sigh of relief and held out his arms for Chenle.

The older boy padded in, wide awake and clutching a white hippo with a horse tail. "Ji, I'm scared." Chenle whispered, and as he came closer, Jisung could see his eyes were puffy and red. "I don't want Renjun to get hurt. Why does this happen to us?" Chenle's voice broke as tears began to well in his eyes again, and Jisung stood up to go to Chenle.

"I don't know Le," Jisung said softly, pulling him into a tight hug. "Renjun's strong as hell though. He'll be fine."

"I made him this," Chenle said softly, and Jisung gently picked up the older prince and carried him to his bed, setting him down and sitting so he could cling to him easier. Chenle gingerly sat down in Jisung's lap, his back comfortably against his chest and Jisung's chin on his shoulder.