𝟙𝟟

"Hey Mark!" Jeno called, making the two boys turn around. "Care if we tag along? Renjun isn't really the kind of person to take us around and Hyuck disappeared." Mark nodded a yes while Daniel started to shake his head no until Mark nodded yes. Then he nodded yes.

Jaemin's eyes narrowed, glancing over to Jeno. A benefit of being engaged to your closest friend in this group was the telepathy that came with being friends. And they could immediately tell that Daniel was crushing on Mark.

It was also pretty obvious to anyone with eyes, but friend telepathy sounds cooler.

Mark didn't know though, because Lee Minhyung was many things, but Jeno knew he wasn't the kind of person to lead others on if he knew. Alas, Mark was a dense brick when it came to emotions.

"This is the astronomy tower! See, the castle guard is a simple design with four towers, and a huge courtyard. I always like the castle itself more, because of how absolutely beautiful it is as a work. It took them fifty years to build the central castle. After the guard walls it's the apartments and the creative apartments."
Mark led them up the top, beaming at the charts that someone had meticulously done.

"Chenle does most of these. He's not too good at art, so he likes to chart astronomical patterns when he can't sleep. Neither he nor Renjun can really, not unless they've pushed themselves too far or they're really comfortable with the person they're with."

"Renjun fell asleep with us though?"

"He must've been exhausted. There's no way he's that comfortable with you yet, especially Jaemin. Sorry Jaemin, but he really doesn't like you. I wonder if Hyuck likes to cuddle?" Mark asked, and Daniel butted in.

"We know I do! I can be your cuddle buddy while I'm here," Daniel said, and Mark laughed.

"You hate cuddles." Mark gently traced the charts, and Jeno glanced over at Jaemin, who was trying hard not to burst into laughter.

"Anyways, this is my favourite tower. This is the North Tower, the South Tower is for armour. The East and West Towers are mostly storage honestly. But they can be cleared out really fast!"

"Hyuck loves cuddles Mark," Jeno supplied, and Mark nodded happily.

Jeno stared at Daniel who was blatantly staring at Mark, all goo goo eyes except for when Donghyuck was mentioned. Absolutely disgusting, considering Mark was already engaged to Donghyuck. Lucky for him, he didn't have to endure much longer of that, because as soon as the four boys walked out of the tower, Daniel was hit in the face with a water balloon full of green paint.

Daniel let out a screech, making Jaemin finally burst into laughter, and they heard, very faintly, Renjun say "Oh look, he's green with envy." That turned Daniel absolutely red with anger, and made Jaemin howl with laughter.

"Haechan!" Mark shouted, sounding slightly angry. Hyuck poked his head out only far enough for Mark to see his fluffy hair and bright eyes, just enough for Mark to know he was smiling. "Get over here!"

"No!" Donghyuck poked out enough to show Mark he was sticking out his tongue.

"Hyuckie!" Donghyuck turned red, not sure that Mark knew he used the nickname, then threw a paint balloon at Mark. Mark chased after him before the paint balloon hit, making Hyuck shriek and run away, leaving Renjun to throw more paint balloons, hitting Jaemin completely on purpose.

"Oh, you're going to get it now!" Jaemin shouted, running towards Renjun, who let out, in Jeno's ears, the most melodious laugh, and raced away and towards him. Jeno grabbed him into a tight hug and had to resist the urge to kiss his cheek when he began to giggle.

"Jeno let me go!"

"What happened to Nono?" Jeno teased, and Renjun flushed scarlet.

"Jaemin calls you that not me!" He laughed, smashing a paint balloon against Jeno, making Jeno laugh loudly.

However, that moment was cut short by Jeno's father's voice cutting through the chaos. "Lee Jeno. Come inside now."

Jaemin didn't miss the way Jeno's eyes turned into pure terror and Renjun didn't miss the way Jeno squeezed him like it was his last hug.

"Sir yes sir," Jeno said, letting go of Renjun and matching stiffly into the castle.

Renjun and Jaemin exchanged a glance, and Renjun bit his lip in concern. However, it didn't stop them from smashing the rest of the balloons onto Daniel before running inside.

♛♔♛

Chenle pouted, flopping back on Jisung. "Love?" Jisung made a strangled chick noise and looked down at Chenle, who was wiggling to shift his body so he was resting his chin on Jisung's chest.

"Y-yes Chenle?"

"Can I cuddle you?" Chenle looked at Jisung with wide puppy eyes, and Jisung immediately found himself nodding. He would have nodded without the puppy eyes, but they were an added bonus. Chenle got comfortable as Jisung put down his book and wrapped his arms around Chenle, never mind that it was slightly harder to breathe with the weight on him.

"You know you don't have to ask if you want to cuddle Lele, I'll cuddle you whenever." Jisung said, and Chenle hummed softly, listening to the steady - okay, the rapid - heartbeat that belonged to Jisung.

Jisung began to gently draw patterns on Chenle's back, making the older boy hum in contentment. "I got so lucky," Jisung sighed, and Chenle looked at him sleepily. "Oh baby are you sleepy? Go to sleep."

"Are you sure Sungie?"

"Yes, of course I'm sure."

"Even if I start screaming and flailing?"

"Why would you do that?" Jisung asked, and Chenle hesitated.

"I have really terrible nightmares and I flail a lot when having them. I don't want to hurt you."

"It's okay. I'll move if it gets to be too bad." Jisung smiled reassuringly, and Chenle smiled back, kissing Jisung's heartbeat before closing his eyes.

Chenle was dead asleep within minutes, and Jisung quickly followed him into dreamland.

♛♔♛

I completely meant to have this out by 10k, but with everything going on, I couldn't. So please enjoy this chapter!

Thank you so much for 12k!

Also if you think you hate Daniel and Jeno's parents now, oh boy.