Chapter Four: A Faerie's Promise

Start from the beginning

The night seemed to go quiet in my head as I looked at him. He looked back at me without blinking and his bright pink eyes seemed to glow in the low lighting.

"I need to get her back home," I said, "and then..."

I didn't know what to say as I did my best to pick up Rose. I tried carrying her like a bride, but she was a good deal taller than me. The movement woke her up a little.

"Hmmm, Jordan?" Rose said.

"Nope, I'm not your psycho girlfriend," I said as Rose's eyes fluttered. "How are you feeling?"

"My head."

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I'm not far from here. Do you want to head back to my place?" I didn't want her to go back to hers since psycho bitch would probably look there. I looked up to see Jordan angrily waving her arms about. Rose looked down at me and nodded. I put her arm around me and we both got up together. She limped as we walked. 

"I'm sorry," she said.

"Jesus, woman! Don't apologize to me! Just never go near her. Actually, go and file a report on her or something."

Rose smiled a little at me. Even with a bruise forming on her face, she was pretty. 

"Do you have alcohol in your apartment?" She asked. 

"Yeah."

Lowell got me a bottle of whiskey for my birthday and it should still be good.

Rose didn't say anything and I had a billion questions for her. Was this a new thing? Or was this something that's been going on for awhile? I recalled when she was limping at one photo shoot, but she said she had a pulled muscle.

"Is this what you do? Protect others?" Drake said. "The girl and the red caps, the boy, and this girl? Do you just want to save everyone?"

How did he know about the Red Caps? This is a little creepy. 

"Stalker," I whispered. 

"Stalker?" Drake said. 

"Have you been spying on me?" 

"It's not like you've been making it hard." 

"I-"

"Everything okay?" I looked to see Rose looking at me with a slight frown on her face. Crap.  The walk was quiet and she put most of her body weight on me.

"You're strong." She said as the rain started again. It gave the city that hazy feel to it. "

A flash of purple and a dead boy go across my mind. I'm not. 

I shrugged as I saw my apartment come into view. We still didn't say anything to each other.

"You shouldn't have." Rose said.

I shouldn't have what? Helped her? Is she nuts? 

"It wasn't that bad." Rose said. 

"She slapped you," I said. I walked to the door of the building. We used the elevator. 

"It wasn't that bad." She repeated. 

"You're definition of bad and mine do not match," I said. The elevator doors opened. We walked down the hallway. I opened the door to my place and Rose limped in. "I don't think-"

"Just shut up."

Okay.

"She's charming," Drake said as I glared at the faerie. Rose sat on my sofa as I got the whiskey. Drake flew in and sat on my countertop, studying me and Rose. I put down the whiskey on the coffee table. Rose opened it and drank from it.