Chapter 4: New Title

(This video isn't mine)(photo is Sable, Artwork is mine)

       The next two weeks went by with a breeze. I was a little lighter on my dad but I always thought about what I over heard my dad say that night I snuck back in. It's another Monday when I woke up to my five am alarm going off. I groaned before turning it off and getting up. Dakota was still alseep at my side and it was pretty cute. I laid my hand on her side and pat her soft belly. She woke up with a soft whine and a wag of her tail. "Morning girl" I yawned. She yawned as well but continued to wag her tail. I giggled before I kissed her head and got out of bed. She stayed in bed but her eyes were wide open as she watched me. I got changed into a pair of jean shorts, a simple grey t-shirt, and my black and purple jacket before I brushed my hair and fur. Once my hair was brushed I put it in a tight but simple braid. Dakota whined as she jumped off the bed and stretched. "Another school day" I sighed before slipping on my socks a shoes. I grabbed my book bag and left my room with Dakota and went downstairs. Rocco was already downstairs standing at the door brushing his fur. "Morning little Roc" I said with a smile before I grabbed an apple from the kitchen. "Have you talked to dad?" I was frozen at this question. If I had a cup I probably would have dropped it. "Why" I called as I found the courage to move again. I walked over to him as Dakota sat down by the front door. "He hasn't been himself lately" he answered as he walked outside the front door. "Be good while we're gone" I said as I gave Dakota a treat before leaving the house with Rocco. "How come? He seems ok" I said as we started walking. "Serena, he's been upset" Rocco growled as he glared at me. I looked away from him as I thought about it. Dad has seem a bit depressed lately. I was silent and didn't talk to Rocco for the rest of the walk to school.

As soon as we got outside the school building I stopped as Rocco turned to face me. "You need to be nicer to dad" he demanded. "He needs to do the same for me if he's going to get kindness from me" I snarled as my ears pinned. I scared myself right there. What was I saying!? Rocco rolled his eyes and started to leave. "Rocco, I-" I trailed off as he walked away and went over to Ein and a small group. Argh!! I wanted to punch myself. What was I doing or saying!?! I haven't always had a good relationship with my father and mother, now I'm losing my brother? Life isn't fair. My ears were lowered as I just watched him before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and looked at who ever had laid their hand on me only to see Ryan. "Ryan!? You scared me" I growled calming down a little. Ryan apparently was a junior here at Sun Valley University and we have become good friends. He laughed a little at my reaction as I just eyes him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" he sighed. I just smiled before I looked towards Rocco who was laughing with Ein and some other wolf kids. "You okay?" Ryan had concern in his voice as I just lowered my ears. I was silent for a moment as I just watched Rocco. I saw him look at me once but he had a disgusted look which hurt me. I wanted to cry. "Serena?" Ryan looked at me than Rocco who was leaving for the school with his friends. "You okay?" Ryan asked for a second time. "No" I frowned and we started for the school building. "What happened?" I wasn't sure how to tell him without breaking down in tears. "I don't know" I sighed. "Every day I fall further and further apart from everyone in my family, including my brother" I groaned fighting back the tears that formed. Ryan and I walked into the building and towards our first class. We didn't have the same first period but our class were close together and second period we were in the same class. "Have you tried talking to them" he asked quietly so no one else would hear. I stopped and lowered my ears a little. "I've tried talking to my dad. It starts okay but then it goes south" I sobbed. "What do you talk about when you talk with him" Ryan asked. I didn't have to think about what we'd say. I practically rehearsed it every day. "Well, first I'd start off with I'm sorry about all sorts of things and he'd start to apologize as well but than he starts to at things like 'you need to control your temper' or 'remember the consequences for if you lose it' and it drives things south" I groaned. I heard Ryan sigh as we started down the stairs. "Now Rocco blames me for my dad not being himself while my mom is gone all day when I'm home" I said as we reached the bottom of the stairs. My voice was breaking out a little as I struggled to fight back the tears. My life was falling apart little by little and I couldn't put it back together. Ryan and I stopped close to our classrooms in a hallway that was crowded but a bit quiet. "I don't know how to fix all the damage I've caused" I silently cried as a tear slipped down my face and I wiped it. "Serena, things like this take time. I know it seems like the end of the world at the moment but it'll get better" Ryan assured me. "But I don't want to wait for things to get better while I'm given the silent treatment by my own brother who I love" I sobbed. One minute my eyes were towards the ground while the next I felt Ryan's arms wrap around me in a hug. I was stunned for a moment but I hugged him back. "It'll be ok Serena" he said softly. He kept me in this warm hug for a few minutes till he leg go. I... I felt better. Even though I rarely hug people, even my own brother, that hug wasn't bad.