Chapter 1: Welcome

(Amazing photo above is done by a close friend of mine. Disco_MineCat )

The blue sky was clear of clouds with the blazing sun shining its light and warmth. It would be a great day, if I didn't have to go to school. I sighed as I got dressed. A simple grey T-shirt with a wolf on it and a pair of jeans was my outfit. I brushed my long dark dirty blonde hair before I brushed my dark purple fur of my werewolf ears and tail. Another day to stay quiet. I sighed as I slipped on some white socks and my grey tennis shoes with turquoise stripes on it. Well, I think I'm ready. I already packed things in my book bag last night so I just need to eat a quick breakfast and walk to school with my brother. I walked out of my room and down the stairs where my mom and dad already were. "Morning sweetie, I made you some pancakes" mom said softly as she pointed to a plate on the kitchen table. I gave a weak smile towards her. "Thanks mom" I said before going to sit at the table. Just as I sat down, Rocco came flying down the stairs with Dakota, our chocolate brown husky and german Shepard mix. "Morning" Rocco shouted as he reached the bottom of the steps. Dakota waged her tail as she trotted over to me. "Hey girl" I smiled as I patted her head. She whined happily before she laid down by my feet. "Looks like someone is excited for today" mom giggled. Rocco took a seat next to me as I started eating my pancake. "I am, I have a feeling that this school is going to better than the last one!!" I giggled and so did mom. His dark blue furred tail wagged with joy. Rocco is a very active wolf and is viewed as a funny omega to me. Mom placed a plate of pancakes in front of Rocco. Next thing you know, they were gone, haha. Dakota gave a soft but quiet whine. I looked at her, than my parents before I tore a piece of pancake into a small piece and gave it to her. She took it happily and wagged her tail. "What have we talked about feeding the dog at the table" mom scolded. "It was only one small piece mom" I sighed before finishing my breakfast. "Still, you don't feed her at the table" mom shot back. I gave a low snarl as I pinned my ears and got up from the table. "Serena" Rocco whined as he looked at me. "Excuse Me" I scowled before going back upstairs to grab my book bag and to calm down.

I released a heavy sigh once I reached my room. Ugh, my parents are so.... I don't know the word to describe it! I took some time to cool off before I looked at the time on my clock and saw that I needed to go now or mom would have to drive us there. Now, there is nothing wrong with being driven to school by your mom but there is if she's gonna be yapping about 'don't lose your temper, stay away from others' and things like that. Ugh it drives me crazy! I'd rather walk a mile to school than sit in a car hearing that. I grabbed my bag, putting the straps over my shoulders and walking downstairs again. Rocco was running a brush through his coal black hair when I got downstairs. "Ready" I asked as I came closer to him. He looked at me with his hazel eyes and smiled. "I'm ready when you are" he said with a bright smile. "You two sure you don't want me to drive you" mom asked. I rolled my eyes and started for the door. "Yes mom, we're sure" I groaned. Dakota whined as she sat by the front door, her tail wagging. I smiled as I pet her head. "Sorry girl, you cant come with us this time" I said softly. She whined but stayed where she was. I snuck her a treat before Rocco and I walked out the door. "Serena!" Oh great, what does dad want now. I stopped and turned to see him by the door. "Don't lose your temper again!" I growled and spun on my heels and started my walk to school. Rocco frowned as I walked by him but he waved to our parents before he followed me.

       We walked for a few minutes before we saw a sign. 'Welcome to Sun Valley University.' Hmm, not a bad name for a school. The building looked huge! It could probably hold thousands of people. I sighed as I lowered my ears a little. Rocco must have noticed cause I felt him gently tug my arm to get my attention. I looked towards him and his face had a huge smile on it. "Don't worry, just try and make some friends" he said wagging his tail. I put a weak smile on my face. "I'll try but it's harder for me than it is for you" I said. It really is. All the people I've talked too would stab me in the back later and most people don't accept me. "Just try" he begged. I nodded unsure of what to say. He smiled and we both walked into our school.