Prologue

Hi, my name is Serena Lycan. My life isn't easy at all. Not like it is for others. Why's that you may ask? Well, it's because of the curse that my family has had for generations. I'm not sure how my family got this curse but my dad calls it the curse of the Ultima. Now, this curse is sometimes seen as a gift since we can turn humans into werewolves but, it's more a curse than gift. When we lose control, we can kill thousands of people if they just look in our eyes. Each of us have a different color that they turn when we will lose control. For me, my eyes turn to a mixture of purple and blue. If it gets to the point were... where I'm about... about to turn to our cursed form... my dark purple fur gets mixed with black and it's scary. My brothers Hazel grey eyes get a mixture of red. His cursed form I believe is blue with black. I can't be sure cause I've never seen him in his cursed form.

I've never turned to my cursed form either but my dad says that only one member of our family that we know of has ever turned to that form. It was my great grandfather. Dad says that his family was almost entirely killed and his rage took control. He killed millions of people that day. Thousands from just looking into his eyes, others by actually attacking them. Dad says that his estimated length in his cursed form was the size of a school bus, maybe larger. After hours of blood shed, he was stopped but ended up being killed. That's how the curse of the Ultima got a bad reputation. Now if there are any sightings and if one of us is caught, than.... it's the end of the line. It's a sad and terrifying story but he tells this to us if we start to lose control. Every time I hear it, I imagine myself in my great grandfathers place. The thought of killing thousands of people and probably being conscious but not in control of your own body while it all happens, it's terrifying.

My brother has it easier in life than me. He's always happy and hyper, which is good. Mom and dad are easy on him, but, it's different with me. I'm the total opposite of my brother. I'm serious and one who will get into a fight if need be. Dad is always on my tail about me controlling my emotions. He never realizes that he's always making me angry!! He won't give me a break! Especially not after what happened at my last school. I'm not going to go into any detail about that now. It hurts to remember.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, the curse of the Ultima is a curse passed down throughout many generations and those with the curse are considered threats. We have to remain in hiding all the time. This world though... it's not always bad. Every day I learn a new and important lesson about life.