Chapter 3: Get Together

(Above is Dakota, I did the art myself)

I woke up to the sound of Dakota whining at my door. I looked at the time to see it was five in the morning. I sighed and got up from bed before I walked to my door and opened it. Dakota wagged her tail as she looked up at me with what looked like a dog smile. I laughed at how cute she looked before I bent down to pet her. She licked my face before I stood up again. Well, I gotta get ready to go run with Steph. I left the door open as I went to my dresser. Dakota walked in and jumped up on my bed and waited. I put on a black and purple sports bra and a pair of shorts again. I brushed my hair and put it into a long braid. Once I was ready I walked downstairs with Dakota on my heels. I was quiet not to wake anyone as I got Dakota's food ready and played it down as I put some small pieces of cheese in it. She ate it slowly as I grabbed a few strawberries and grapes for breakfast. Once I had eaten I put clean bandages on my cuts so I wouldn't risk them still getting infected. Since I'm meeting her at the park at Seven am I could have a bit of a breakfast. Once I ate I was wondering about what I could do while I wait. Well, the least I could do to apologize to my dad is make breakfast for the family. Dad and mom gets up at six thirty and it's only five ten right now. I had time. I got out some eggs, milk, and some flower before I grabbed the utensils I needed. I spent a good forty five minutes making the pancakes. I made them with bits of strawberry in it. Moms favorite. Once they were done, I placed three pancakes each on three plates. I looked at the time. Six twenty five. Well, breakfast is ready for them and I wanna get to the park a little early. Mine and Dakota's food was digested so we could warm up and jog.

I left a note on the kitchen table before I opened the front door and walked out with Dakota. Dakota wagged her tail as she was ready to run. I chuckled before I pet her soft head. "Lets go" I said before we started to jog to the park. Dakota did a slow run by my feet as I did a nice easy run.

         We made it to the park in less than ten minutes. There's probably fifteen or twenty minutes till Stephenie will arrive. Dakota had her tail held high as she looked around. I looked at her before I went to sit down by the same tree that I had sat by yesterday. Dakota walked with me but she didn't lie down. I looked at her and let out a small quiet whine asking her what was wrong. She looked around with her ears perked before she sat down by me and looked at me. She gave a low snarl as her ears kept perked. "I think someone we met yesterday is here" she snarled. My ears lowered a little as I looked around on high alert. I had a perfect idea who Dakota was talking about. Sam. Sure he has acted nice to me but I still didn't trust him. And I wont if he keeps sneaking up on me. "I know your here" I said out loud. There was no one else here at the moment except us. I glanced at Dakota and did a low growl asking if it was Sam. She looked at me before she seemed to smell the air. She whined and shook her head which made me nervous. I got to my feet and looked around my ears perked. "Who ever you are, show yourself" I shouted. "I heard that werewolves can smell other people, I just didn't know they could smell you from above" the voice came from the tree. I backed away from the tree as I looked up into its branches. The guy who was above us jumped down from a branch and looked at me with his tail swaying. A meif'wa. Of course. His orange like short hair could blend in with his orange fur on his cat ears if his fur wasn't darker than his hair. Dakota bared her teeth as she stood beside me. "Who are you?" I glared at the meif'wa who just looked at me. "Now now, no need to get angry" he said calmly. "I'll ask this one more time. Who are you" I snarled as I signaled Dakota to be ready to pounce. She growled louder as she walked a little way in front of me. "The name is Oliver Page" he said softly. "I'm guessing you are Serena?" He tilted his head a few inches to the left as his ears remained perked. "Why would you ask?" My tail swayed a little as I glared at Oliver. "Well, I'm looking for her and you fit her description" he said as he took a step closer. Dakota snarled as she walked in front of me with her ears pinned against her head. Oliver looked at her and backed away with his hands up to his chest. "Easy doggie" he said, sounding a little nervous. "Why are you looking for me?" He looked at me with a smile as his tail seemed to do a little wag. "I just wanted to thank you" he said lowering his hands as he kept his eyes on me now. "Thank me? For what?" I had my head tilted a little as my tail continued to sway. "For standing up to Raven" he said. I was silent at this. No one the past week has thanked me for standing up to Raven except June. "She's not that threatening if someone shows her they're not afraid" I said calmly. Oliver just nodded as his tail swayed. "Not everyone can stand up to a werewolf you know" he pointed out and I just tilted my head. "It doesn't matter what kind a person is. Werewolf. Meif'wa. Human. anyone can stand up to anyone" I stated slowly with a straight face. "Its not easy standing up to dogs" he groaned. "Dog?" My eyes widened as my head was tilted. I snarled a little as Dakota growled and walked closer to him. Oliver backed away towards the tree as he eyed Dakota in fear. "You should be very careful with the choice of words you use to describe us" I snarled. "Sensitive are you?" he said with a smile that faded as Dakota's growling got louder. "Being called a 'DOG' is hurtful to my kind" I snarled walking closer. "We consider that as an insult" I growled pinning my ears. His back was against the tree as Dakota was right on his feet ready to bite. "Hmm, that's something I never knew" he said trying to act serious. "Well, I suggest that you should chose your next and possibly your last choice of words wisely" I slowly threatened.