eighteen | coincidence

—

Sierra felt her phone buzzed, she took it out and saw Taehyung messaged her.

[Taehyung] 5:05pm

I'm around the neighborhood so I was wondering if you're on a break.
Do you wanna get something at a café and join me??

[Sierra] 5:05pm

hmmm... sure I'm in :)

[Taehyung] 5:05pm

Great! Then I'll be waiting for you at the lobby. See youu!! ^^

She foolishly have an amused face while looking at her phone, Jiahn noticed her friend grinning like an idiot all of a sudden and thought something making her smirk playfully. "Let me guess, It's him again? Right?" Her voice made Sierra nodded carelessly— it's been a while since they start getting in touch with each other continuously. "Yeah, it's him."

"Of course it's him! You wouldn't smile like that if it isn't him, but seriously though why can't you just date him?" She remarked teasingly, triggering Sierra to stop drinking her banana milk to cough because of her friend bold words. "I mean you guys are not teens! Sohee you're in your early thirties and he's what? in his mid-thirties. Both of you should live your life fully."

And the teasing begins.

"I know you too well, he's your type of guy—" She stopped for a second so she could drink her coffee then continued "When you talk about him, I can sense it. You're interested in him."

"Yah! Stop it. I'm getting embarrassed, cause of you." Jiahn laughed at her friend being all shy of a sudden.

"Sometimes Sohee you just got to step it up once in a while and that once in a while is this time and he's the person, I'm telling you." She explained as if she was lecturing a student about a subject although, in all honesty, she's knowledgeable on something like this.

"And I may not know how he looks or whatever, nevertheless I can attest you're attracted to him because of his personality." She winked ending her sentence.

"I just genuinely appreciate his presence." Sierra shyly admits.

It's been a while since she could see Sierra all being extra bashful about a person— she feels happy for her. Jiahn knows Sierra is cautious more and that's fine, she completely understands but sometimes you also got to remind yourself time to time that everybody deserves to give love and feel love.

She's worried that Sierra might regret.

Jiahn stops her tracks making Sierra look where she's gazing "Oh? Cha Munbyul!" Jiahn shouted little at the person they were watching, the lady named Munbyul noticed the two initiating her to approach them.

"Sohee, Jiahn long time no see!"

Jiahn got to know Munbyul because of a party that they both attended a couple of months ago, making Sierra eventually got to know her, unexpectedly the three of them became a decent acquaintance.

Hence the same direction of Munbyul and Sierra winds up the two of them walking together. Sierra's eyes stopped wondering when she saw him sitting, Taehyung calmly moved his head causing him to see Sierra approaching. He smiled but then his face went a bit surprised when he saw Sierra's with Munbyul.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung, long time no see." Sierra left her eyes away from him and looked at the person standing next to her. "Munbyul, didn't expect to see you here." Taehyung was already walking towards them while Sierra was amazed.

"You both know each other?"

"Yeah"

"Hmm, how do I put this... if it weren't for Taehyung, I wouldn't be here." She smiled widely then looked at her ringing phone, "Well I better get going, my girlfriend is waiting." She informed, she started to wave her hand "See you Sohee and Taehyung we better catch things up next time when both of our schedules are free." she bid then marched away slowly from them.

Taehyung gradually looked at Sierra, he could see her face smiling but he still can see a hint of confusion, he licks his bottom lip. "Let's go." he mentioned making Sierra follow his tracks.

"So how do you know about Munbyul?" He tilted his head. "I knew her from a friend, though I don't know her that much except that she has a girlfriend and she's planning to propose to her anytime soon, what about you?"

"She's my ex-wife..."

Sierra instantly was taken aback on how he just said that so smoothly "Ex-wife?? But isn't Munbyul—"

"Gay." Taehyung caught her off as he finishes her sentence. Nervousness is evident within him, he sighed then showed a weary smile trying to compose himself, before he could finally explain this part of his life to her which he is actually not sure how she would take this. Though, on the other hand, he still does not expect that this day would come any sooner.

Sierra was about to go back inside the hospital building but paused halfway, Taehyung noticed she stopped moving, making him confused. She twirls her body around and starts her footpaths to move forward. "You have a big heart, Taehyung." her voice was comforting— such music to his ears, unexpectedly a nostalgic feeling came over him. His grandparents always told him that when they were still alive.

It's been so long since he heard those words.

he felt soft as his heart skipped a beat.

Her gazed were captivating it felt like he was drowning. If it weren't for her patting his both shoulders, he would still be staring at her the whole time, He also could feel his eyes got teary just by hearing the comment mixing with her voice. Taehyung sudden impulse caresses Sierra's head gently, till he tucks her hair behind her ear. Sierra's breathe hitched— shocks of electricity ran through her nerves, causing her speechless by his actions. Whenever he stared at her like that, there would be infrequent breakouts of electric currents flowing through her veins, like an adrenaline rush to the system.

If he keeps being like this, I might be afraid of myself.