"Tryouts hasn't even started yet." The friend said.

"Well we want to be alone so bye." She pushed him away.

"No you want to be alone, not Desiree." Darius said as he looked at me.

"Sorry bud, I'm with Rachel in this." I said.

"We'll leave in a sec, I just need to ask you something." He said to me. I nodded indicating for him to ask.

"Actually it can wait. We're leaving now happy?" He said. Rachel rolled her eyes making him chuckle.

"It will be so hard when I tell him." She sighed.

All I could think at that was damn, sucks to be you.

...

After arriving home I was gonna go straight to Iyan's house so we can study. I told my parents so and they said ok.

I walked over to her house and rang the doorbell. Her older brother opened and let me in.

"Sup." He said as I removed my shoes.

"Sup." I said back.

"Damn it's been a minute since I seen you." He said as we walked in the living room.

"Right, I barely see you in school."

"Iyan ain't tell you?"

"What?"

"I transferred, I go to Grandbord." He sat down on the couch.

"No way, the school of arts?"

"Mhmm, ya boy bout to be famous real soon." He smirked.

"Wow proud of you." I said and we fist pumped.

"Preciate it, I got some songs on Spotify you should check it out." He said.

"I will, you have crazy talent Keith." I said in amusement.

"No cap." He said cockily making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever wheres Iyan?"

"Upstairs." He pointed up. I nodded and said bye. Sometimes talking to Keith was a boy version of talking to Iyan. At one point in my life I had a huge crush on him. It was so obvious looking back at it I think I was dumb.

What mainly attracted me to him was his accent. He had a strong New York accent. Him and Iyan don't share the same dad so he had more hood to him than Iyan. And did I mention he can sing? It's like listening to Chris Brown, his voice is so powerful.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I walk in seeing Iyan standing on her head against the wall.

"Apparently it helps period cramps." She said as she tumbled down. I bursted into laughter.

"Ow that hurts. What were you and my brother aka your ex crush talking about?" She wiggled her brows.

"Don't even."

"What? You did used to like him did you not?"

"When I was 12 yeah." I said as sat on her bed.