Chapter 14 - Birthday

C h a p t e r  F o u r t e e n
Birthday

"Do you have contact with your friends?" I ask Harry as we enter the house, him locking the door behind us. I need Harry's friend's numbers so we can plan for the birthday party tomorrow. It's going to be big and exciting. Since it's going to be his first ever birthday celebration, I'll have to make it extra special.

"Yeah," he says, turning around to face me.

I open my mouth to speak but he breaks me to it. "But I ain't giving it you."

"Why?" I scowl.

He walks over to the couch and his body collapses. He sprawls his limbs all over the couch and looks at me wearily, lifting his finger up to his lips. A smirk grows on his smug face and I run up to him, jumping on his laid out body.

He puffs out a sound as I landed pretty hard on him. "Sorry," I gush and he laughs before giving me a peck on the cheek.

Flushing, I lay my head on his chest and hear his heart throbbing against his ribcage while Harry slithers his arms around me, holding me captive.

"Harry," I whine, jolting my head up to face him with his eyes closed. I pout and bring my hand up to his face, pinching his nose. He parts his lips and breathes through his mouth.

I sit up, straddling him, my legs on each sides of him. While I'm sitting on his lower stomach, I slightly bounce and he bursts out a huge puff of air, lifting his head up. "Rose," he groans and lays his head back, resting his arm over his eyes.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" I say, sounding whiny as fuck.

"Because I'm tired," he grumbles and I sigh before getting off of him. I sit on the other end of the couch and chill for a while, my mind wounding up to Harry's birthday. I have to plan now. I leave the living room and climb upstairs to my bedroom. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I take a sit.

Okay, so plan b, I'll have to scrap out Harry's friends. It would be fun to celebrate the party with them considering they're his friends and he pretty much hangs out with them all the time, but I don't have any contact with them. This party is degraded as a small celebration with just me in it or. . .

An idea pops up in my head and I instantly ready my phone, turning it on, letting my fingers skate around the device until I see Tess' number. I press 'call' and bring the phone up against my ear. She answers immediately, surprising me a bit.

"Hello?"

"Hi Tess, uhm, just want to talk to you about something."

"Oh, about what?"

I pause for a bit and continue, "Harry's your friend right?"

"Uhm . . . "

I scowl at her response. What 'uhm'?

"I don't exactly consider him a friend. It's more of just an acquaintance. Why?"

My mouth forms into an 'O' shape. "Oh, nothing. Just wanna ask if you want to be a part of Harry's birthday celebration. It's his birthday tomorrow."

"Sorry Roses! I'm busy tomorrow."

"Oh . . . it's fine."