Chapter 7 - Kiss

C h a p t e r S e v e n
Kiss

I am most certain that Harry is not going to tell me what's going on. He won't budge. He's too stubborn and ambiguous. It may be that I have to try harder this time to convince him to finally tell me. I have the right anyway. I own him ever since I was 10 and I'm her official girlfriend now so apparently he eventually has to give in to me otherwise I'm going to force him to turn back into a stuffed toy. As of the moment, we're driving silently back to my house and it's almost midnight. I don't know if it's a good time to bring it up and discuss about what's been going on with him.

I clear my throat, attempting to catch Harry's attention. "I've been finding out stuff about you from other people."

He hums, his eyes glued in front of him.

"Why not just tell me, Harry? I have the right to know." I sound desperate.

He snaps me a quick glance. "There's nothing to tell."

"Are you serious?" My voice raises. "Of course there is. You just don't want to tell me."

He ignores what I said and asks, "Do you trust me?"

"Honestly," I stop for a second and continue, "I don't know anymore."

"How do you expect me to tell you shit when you don't even trust me in the first place?" he says, annoyance clear in his voice.

I ponder over what he just said and sheepishly cower down on my seat. Damn, I'm just not good at arguing. "Well, I didn't say I don't trust you. I just don't know. You've been keeping secrets from me and it's wavering my trust."

"Okay fine," Harry snaps. "One, I am the son of the devil insinuating I'm not a demon. Two, I eat any kinds of flesh but I prefer the taste of human flesh, and it has to be raw and bloody. Three, all my friends are demons and I've known them long before. Four, I was cursed by the devil to become a fucking toy. Five, Lalaine is my mother basically, I'm half human. Six, the first days of me in my human form, I lost my memory but then as time went by, I was remembering shit so yeah this explains my new personality slash attitude. Though, sweetheart, this is the real me. The question is, can you handle me?"

I gaze at him with my mouth parted, clearly dumbfounded as I can't seem to fathom all these information in one sitting. I exhale deeply as fear washes over my senses, my legs trembling and my whole body weakening. All the things he said just made sense and I honestly cannot handle this. He's some sort of a monster and even worse, a devil. I can't love him, and be in a relationship with someone unstable and dangerous as Harry. It's too risky and I prefer having a normal, peaceful life without him getting in the way, but letting go is going to be the hardest in my case. I've been with him since I was a child and he's always been there for me. He's the only one I have other than my father who can't even give his full attention to his own daughter. It's different when you just have someone you know. Someone to be able to talk to whenever and whatever, and someone to share your memories and experiences with. Harry has always been the one for me but can I bear with him? If he kills? Or can I at least help him by hindering him from doing anything evil? Am I up for this challenge? I honestly don't know but I know to myself that I can't distance myself from him. I'm too attached.

"Let's not talk about this ever again," Harry sternly says, snapping me back into reality. I nod and quiet down, staring through the window. My eyes flicker from the droplets falling from the dusky sky to the window screen. Sliding off until the rain builds up, making a crashing noise which is actually comforting and peaceful in my ears. I snuggle into my oversized hoodie and wrap my arms around my small frame.