Chapter 9 - Park

C h a p t e r N i n e
Park

"Any other place you'd like to go?" Harry asks, his eyes fixated on the road while driving.

I glance at him, my eyebrows scrunched together. "I don't go out much. I stay in my house most of the time so I honestly don't know other places to go other than Dream Bean."

Harry smirks. "I guess it's my turn to decide."

"Harry," I say in a warning tone. "It better be somewhere safe and out of trouble."

"Of course. I'd like you to be safe all the time, Rose, but I don't know about staying out of trouble because I am literally the definition of it."

"Harry," I groan. "This is gonna be the start of a new chapter in your life so at least help yourself."

"What are you talking about?" Harry laughs, shaking his head, his mop of curls bouncing.

"I told you I'm gonna help you change."

"Uh, no?" Harry looks at me weirdly before his attention diverts to the road.

"Shush." I raise a finger up at him and he just shakes his head slowly, probably thinking I'm stupid.

"So where are we going?" I pipe, facing Harry.

"To this abandoned park nearby. We're almost there."

"Can't we just go to a non-abandoned park instead?" I recommend, hopeful that he'll switch his mind because any place that's abandoned is fucking hunted and creepy, I don't want to deal with any more creatures.

"That's boring." He rolls his eyes.

"Why does it have to be this place?" Before he can answer my question, the car stops, signaling we've arrived. Harry jumps out of the driver's seat and walks all the way round to my side of the car as I refuse to go out.

"Rose." He glares at me, unlocking the door and slinging it open.

"Why does it have to be here?" I ask, almost pleading for a valid response.

"It's peaceful and feels like home."

"By home you mean hell?" I remark, lifting an eyebrow at him and a big smile creeps on his lips, his dimples popping.

"Nah, I was referring to your house." He avoids eye contact and I immediately know he's lying.

An inflamed sigh emits between my lips as I go out of the car and stay closely beside Harry, my eyes wandering around the abandoned park. While we stroll closer to the place, the cold breeze hits my bare arms and goosebumps begin to form. Harry's right, it is peaceful here considering I can hear almost nothing. It's mainly because there aren't people around. I take my bottom lip in between my teeth as I can feel the eerie atmosphere looming over us. I instinctively grab onto Harry's arm, already spooked out of this place. Harry brings me to this shabby bench and he guides me to sit down before he takes his seat beside me.

"This is not fun, Harry," I tell him, leaning my head on his shoulder with my arms circled around his arm tightly.

Another batch of complete silence occupies the uncanny air as I happen to not receive any response from Harry. I look up at him and watch his lips in a thin line with his eyes blank, staring directly in front of us.