Chapter 8 - Café

C h a p t e r  E i g h t
Café

"Dad's gonna be out of the country for a while because of his job," I tell Harry who's lounging on my bed with no shirt on as usual. He still loves to be naked I suppose.

"So we have the whole house all  to ourselves." A smirk forms across his face and I wonder what's running in his mind.

"Yeah," I quietly say, leaning back against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Let's throw a party or something," he suggests.

I frown and shake my head vigorously. "No. Definitely not."

"Why not, love?" he slightly chuckles, butterflies erupting in my stomach as he called me love. His choice of words does wonders with me. I drift off from that thought and focus on Harry's suggestion.

"Harry, it's just . . . "I find the words to say and once I did, I continue, "I don't even like parties. What's so fun about it?"

Harry shrugs. "I don't know. I guess you're right. No to parties then."

Silence fills the air but Harry breaks it immediately. "Can we go out or something? It's fucking tedious here."

"Oh!" I shriek in excitement as I repeatedly jump, remembering my favorite hang out place. "I know a place."

Harry rolls his eyes. "Sure."

• • •

"Blooming hell," Harry grumbles, his accent as its thickest, as he gazes in front of his very eyes a café named Dream Bean - my favorite place with my favorite coffee drink. I have an obsession with coffee and I literally drink 3 cups of coffee a day. There would even be a time that I'd go overboard and drink up to 5 cups of coffee for one day. Sometimes I go with a decaffeinated coffee but caffeine makes me euphoric and the feeling it offers is just addicting. Coffee remains somewhere special in my heart and I love it to death.

"What?" I ask him with scrunched eyebrows as my eyes are glued at his perfection.

"This place looks boring, Ro," he states with a displeased and let down look plastered on his face. He scratches the nape of his neck and swivels to face me.

"You don't know that yet, Harry. At least give it a try," I urge, hesitantly taking his hand with mine.

Harry digs his heels into the ground as I practically dragged him all the way inside the café. Once were in, I walk towards the counter with Harry right behind me, following. I glance behind my back and find Harry shuffling his feet, his eyes roaming around.

"Harry." I grab his attention and he raises his eyebrows, waiting for me to speak up.

"Do you drink coffee?" I try my best to keep my voice low because I don't want this conversation to be overheard.

"Pretty much the only liquid I drink is blood so no."

My mouth forms into an O shape as I take in what he said. So I'm the only one who will enjoy some lovely coffee and good food.

"Boredom is gonna kill me while you enjoy this shit," Harry complains, releasing an exasperated sigh.

An idea pops up in my head and curiosity starts to build up. "I have a question," I blurt out.