Chapter 6 - Kill

C h a p t e r S i x
Kill

"You sure you wanna come?" Harry's eyes lock with mine as he gets up from my bed. We've done nothing today but sleep the whole day like literally. It's 7 in the evening now and we just recently woke up from our slumbers. You could say we were exhausted as fuck to be able to sleep that much.

I pull my knees against my chest and hug them. "Yep."

Harry narrows his eyes and rests his hands on his waist. "How about your dad?"

"I'll just make an excuse." I shrug nonchalantly though I'm actually terrified of my dad.

We waited for my dad to come home so I can ask permission but apparently he's still not home for some reason. I decide to message him as I take my phone out. Scrolling my fingers on the keyboard, I type.

Roses: Dad, when are you coming home?

I glance at Harry who's staring at my phone with scrunched eyebrows. Wow, so serious.

My phone rings and I quickly look at dad's response as I bring my phone up to my face.

Dad: I'll be home at 11.

I take my bottom lip in between my teeth as I ponder over what to say.

My phone suddenly beeps again and my heart stops as I see dad is calling.

"Should I answer?" I ask Harry and he rolls his eyes.

"No need to ask. Answer him."

I take a quick glance at my phone screen and back at Harry. I take a deep breath in and out before reluctantly answering the call, bringing it up against my ear.

"Dad?"

"Where were you last night?!" I pull the phone away from my ear from dad's loud voice.

I think of a quick answer and say, "I stayed at a friend's house. She offered me to. You know Tess, right?" My eyes meet Harry's as he intently observes me.

"Why didn't you tell me? At least you should've called or messaged me," he explains as his voice laces with worry.

"I'm sorry. A lot happened. But I'm fine, dad. It's okay," I assure him.

"I couldn't even reach your phone. I couldn't call you and you weren't answering my messages."

"Dad, I'm sorry. My phone was turned off the whole time. Like I said, a lot happened and I was preoccupied with the party and my friends."

"Rose, I was worried."

"I know . . . and I'm sorry. I promise it won't happen again."

"Hmm," he hums in other line, and I think it's the perfect opportunity to bring it up and finally ask permission.

"Dad? I want to ask you something." My voice lowers in nervousness.

"Hm?"

"Tess invited me to come over her house again. I promise I'll be home at - " I stop and look at Harry.