Chapter 1 - Naked

C h a p t e r O n e
Naked

10 years later . . .

Roses' Point of View

"Harry, why does mom have to leave?" My thoughts wander as I reminisce mother's death. "Why does she have to get taken away from us - from me?" I ask another question to my teddy bear, tilting my head closer to his and hugging him tighter than ever. "I'm sorry for the questions. It's just that . . . " I start, carefully examining Harry's adorable face while I think of what to say next.

"I miss her," I blurt out, almost in the verge of tears but I held onto my teddy to keep me up from crying. I near my face closer to his and sniff his old scent, the smell of mother evident in my nostrils. The fruity, flowery scent was overpowering and nostalgic. It brings back the old happy and depressing memories. Why does she have to get so sick and die? Why can't it just be me?

"You're the only reminder I have of her now," I tell Harry as I poke his bear nose. "You better not leave me too," I threaten playfully and embrace the teddy bear in my arms, consuming its softness. Hugging him makes me feel so much better and reassures me in different ways possible. I just remember the time my mom was sent to the emergency room. The alarms were going off and everything was just awfully loud and fast-paced. I was 13, dragging Harry with me across the aisles. I was in utter confusion as to what was going on. All I knew for sure was my mother was dying. My dad was too preoccupied and was extremely stressed with the situation that he forgot about me. He was a mess and was crying all over the place while I followed him. I understand dad and I know he couldn't handle what has happened to mom. In spite my own misery of coping, Harry has been there by my side. He's just a thing, I know, but he's more than that. He feels alive like I'm not even kidding, he really does feel alive. He's warm, and I feel like he's always listening and watching me. He may be possessed though and that's worrying. Regardless, I ain't scared of him. I know he wouldn't hurt me.

Knock knock

I sit up, fixing my creased shirt and put Harry aside, making sure he is sitting comfortably on the bed.

"Come in," I call out, and the door whips open, revealing Niall with a mournful smile.

"How are you?" he asks, walking over to the bed and sitting beside me, our knees clashing.

"Just fine. What are you doing here?" I frown bringing my knees up against my chest, holding onto them tightly, the cold breeze touching my bare skin.

"Just checking up on you." He shrugs, his eyes glued on his twirling fingers. Niall has been checking up on me quite often these past few days. I could say he wants something from me from all the efforts he has showered upon me. I know he ain't nice without a cost. He's known for being a trickster and a playboy. He could possibly be messing with me for all I know or the poor guy just wants to simply show gratitude which is less likely to happen. Come on, it's Niall.

Niall is just some random popular guy at our school who's known for being an asshole. A reputation he's been keeping for centuries.

"Quit it," I chuckle and throw a playful punch on his arm.

He glares at me and rolls his eyes. "Wow, you're unbelievable."

"Thanks." I shrug.

"Imma go. See ya, Roses." He waves his hand at me and leaves, slamming the door shut, clearly pissed his ass off.

"That guy gets on my nerves."

I freeze.

Who the fuck said that?

I swallow the hard lump on my throat and remain still, not daring to move - not even an inch. My heart rate quickens as shivers begin to run down my spine, goosebumps forming across my skin; my palms are sweating, I could feel drops of water falling from them to the ground. There may be an Annabelle behind my back and I'm about to faint.

"Do I scare you?" the unknown speaks again, his voice sounds very masculine. I could tell he also has an accent. It ties well with his deep raspy voice. So it may be a boy version of Annabelle. Wait, should I turn around and witness the man behind my back? What if it attacks me? What if I die?

Before I could turn around, in the corner of my eye, a head pops up. "Fuck!" I yelp, flinching to the side and my hands hiding my face for whatever reason.

"Don't worry, it's just me, Harry."

I slowly take my hands off my face and face Harry. He beams and gives off his brightest grin before poking my nose. I cross my eyes, staring at his finger on my tiny nose. He puts it away and nears his face to mine instead, I immediately back my face off but he keeps going in, I was falling to the side so I put my hands on his bare chest and gently push him.

"Uh . . . " I trail and he smacks my hands off him.

"Come give me a hug," he announces with open arms.

I give him a fake smile and point at his nakedness. "You're naked."

"I've always been naked. Why complain now?" He pouts, putting his face closer to mine yet again.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I push his face away.

"I dunno." He shrugs and hugs me at my back. I can't help but admit that it was comforting and warm.

"I can finally talk to you," he says, still embracing me in a long hug.

I pat his arm before he lets go. I stand up from the bed, making sure I was looking straight at his face, avoiding the bottom half of his body.

"What the actual fuck," I gasp, just realizing the fact that my teddy bear just transformed into an attractive hot man. Harry is not a teddy bear anymore. Harry is an actual human being. It just hit me.

"What?" Harry raises a brow at me as he takes a random pillow from the other side of my bed and uses it to cover his private parts.

"You just . . . transformed." I throw my hands in the air, trying to prove my point.

"Yes? And?" He runs his fingers through his mop of curls and damn, I find that attractive.

"You're not a teddy bear anymore."

"Still am."

"You're not my teddy anymore."

"Awww." He pouts and wraps his arms around my waist. "I'm still your Harry."

"You're a fucking human being!" I exclaim.

"Shhh! Rosy!"

"Ahhh!" I scream at the top of my lungs until my vision turned black and that's it, I blacked out, I lost conscious.