Volume One Chapter Five

Rei follows Glossy as she leads him to the cliffs near the Emerald Forest. "Ah, so, why are we heading towards the Emerald Forest?" He asks trying to get her attention though unsuccessful as she continues humming the Imperial March. "You're not, one of those yandere type girls, right? Seriously I don't need that." Glossy smiles and begins humming MHA second opening. "Nothing, really?"

"Ah, we're here."

"Yeah, we're at the cliffs above the Emerald Forest. Why?"

"Well, I wanted to do three things. First was discuss you and your team, Second is to relate that to me and my team as best I can, and third is to have a one on one duel to see how good you are with your sword."

Rei sighs. "That would explain why we grabbed our weapons."

"Yup. So let's start by discussing your team. First, tell me more about yourself. It'd help me figure out the situation."

"Like what?"

"Likes, dislikes, family life, stuff like that."

Rei suddenly shifts his gaze away. He brushes some of his hair out of his face, making sure not to touch the eyepatch. "Oh, well... I enjoy, reading, practicing with my bow, helping others in need, Faunus, being able to express myself openly, my mother, and being away from Mantle."

"Okay, And your dislikes?"

"Well, If I'm being completely honest, being in Mantle, my father, a kid named Alabaster, most of the people I've met from Atlas, arrogant people, child abusers/neglecters, rapist, and drugs."

"Okay, I can guess you didn't have the best family life."

"Yeah. That's an understatement." Rei rolls his eye. "My mother died when I was nine so about... eight years ago. When she died protecting me. My father took his anger out on me. It's something I don't necessarily talk about often."

"Alrighty then! Now, let's try to relate that to your team. How does your likes and dislikes relate to your team?"

Rei sighs. "Well, if I had to start anywhere it may as well be with my partner, 'Daniel', I'd say he definitely fits into the most of Atlas category. Erin is pretty cool, he reads a lot and is relatively quiet, so I like him. And Sky is just a cinnamon roll. Anyone tries to harm her I'll fuck em up."

Glossy grins shyly. "Watch the language please, Rai is a stickler for cursing. She'll really get on your case about that"

Rei nods slightly. "O-kay...? And may I learn about you?"

"Oh, right. Well, I like listening to music, and reading. I prefer being alone most of the time, unless it's with my childhood friend, Rai. I also enjoy long walks in the middle of the night by myself with my weapon... for reasons. I dislike large crowds, being bossed around too much, always being serious, and being cooped up for too long. As for family stuff, I get along with my parents relatively well, I have three siblings two older one younger. An older brother and sister and then a younger sister who's planning to apply to Shade Academy next year. But I can't stop her. My older brothers already graduated from Beacon, my older sister is a fourth year going to graduate just after the Vytal festival. But I love them."

"And your team?"

"Well... Rai is strict but she's nice, I've known her since I was a kid. So there's also that. Next is Cindy, she's a very quiet person, being mute and all, but she does know how to enjoy group work, even if she gets over shadowed because of how quiet she is. Lastly, Canary. He's cool and all, I'm just thankful that he's a gentleman. I get along with them pretty well even if they can be too serious at times."

Rei sighs and brushes some hair out of his face. "Okay...? So what now?"

"I want to see you in combat. So, show me your skill with your weapon."