Love Me Nots

Its been two years since Lu ten and Azulon died. Ozai was still Fire Lord and Zuko was now crowned prince. Sun-hee didn't believe he deserved the title but didn't have the heart to say so.

Two years of Iroh trying to gain his daughter's favor and trust. And it would never happen.

No one really cared much for Iroh anymore. He was a failure in their eyes behind closed doors. But up in front people were openly respectful.

But life was not easy still. As Sun-hee matured so did her features and bending ability. She was truly a prize to uphold. And Ozai knew this.

There was no doubt that Ozai would put himself first no matter what, and marrying off his niece put her in a challenging position. Wives of such high status were expected to be strong and produce strong children. And there was no doubt that Sun-hee would make a " perfect bride".

Ozai just needed the perfect groom.

Sun-hee was not stupid. She was of marrying age, strong, powerful and beautiful. She had a plan. Marry, be submissive to put the sad lug in a false sense of security, and catch him by surprise. The rest where just stepping stones. But to win this she needed to play the long game.

And the long game called for much sacrifice, perseverance, patients, and will power. Of course gaining allies would surly do her nice. Ozai was a powerful man, but one thing he really lacked was any allies based on trust and loyalty.

He had little to no real ties that weren't made from fear into submission. Soon that would be his down fall and anyone who even slightly put faith in them were pitiful worms. That will eventually die slowly, of their own insanity.

Hmm, that really sounds appealing. But their were factors that needed to be put into play for her scheme to work.

First was the main fact anyone who knew Ozai: Zuko would not be crowned Fire Lord, at least not without help. Maybe he'd be executed quietly for some mere form of treason, but that was being merciful and Sun-hee's uncle was anything but merciful. Either way Zuko will be gone for a bit only to come back later like a tick on a Hogdog's back side.

That left wiggle room to make either herself or Azula crown princess. But Ozai didn't want another man taking the throne so the obvious choice was Azula. Just cut out the middle man and she'd be in the dark playing Mommy to a infant starved for attention.

Second: Azula will most likely take after her Father. Her beloved Father, who could do no wrong. Fear will rule her until she goes insane from paranoia. Miscalculation will most likely be her down fall along with petty sibling rivalry over their mother. No one did ever find a body of Ursa though.

Oh well, just some more skeletons in Ozai's ever growing massacre of a closet.

This would all lead to Zuko's return, taking the throne, or at least until Sun-hee shows up.

That will be her cue to start an uproar for the throne and take it.
Oh she loves it when a plan comes together.

The brunette smirked quietly to herself from where she sat in the garden. She had a book in her dainty porcelain hands. A family book, filled to the seems with baby pictures and family portraits.

She was looking at one of herself a week ago.

In the beautiful illustration she had long brown hair in ringlets that curled around her hips. Her eyes shone brightly with the pigment used. A beautiful shade of honey gold that reminded Sun-hee of sweet treats made by village mothers to give to their children. A bitter sweet taste found its way into her mouth at the fleeting thought that soon, she would be a mother.

She wore a long blood red kimono that reached past her feet in waves of scarlet silk. Her hands in the miniature art were folded at her front in a respectful yet humble display. Her skin was colored the shade of the full moon an a cool summers night.

She was stunning, but the real thing was even more so.

This was the original of a bunch of copies Ozai sent out to her future hubby to be.

Project Love Me Nots is a go.