Come Marching Home

Sun-hee sat across from her Aunt at the table. It was a family outing for the whole royal family as a celebration of Lu Ten's enlistment I the military. Sun-hee sighs as she took a bite of her roast duck. Her favorite. But she couldn't bring herself to smile or enjoy herself like her cousins and brother. She was a Princess, no matter how she feels she must keep up appearances and be as pristine as possible.

She wanted to be in Lu Ten's stead. She always dreamed of being a fighter, not on the front lines however. Female soldiers were not uncommon but rumors of abuse and sexist reached her ears regularly. She wanted to be a spy, secretive and sharp. It was a risky job but done right and nothing will stand in her way.

She was ambitious to say the least.

Ursa smiled at her niece, "You know, when you were just two years old I asked your mother if she would let me borrow you for a year," she starts. That peaked Sun-hee's interest. "She said no of course and we had this big argument over who had the better kids and stopped talking to each other for a solid week"

That story was both random and hilarious. Sun-hee giggles lightly, "Aunt Ursa, why would you want another daughter?" Ursa shrugs her shoulder, "You were a very sweet baby, I always loved little babies." Sun-hee still didn't understand, but at the same time she never really did get half the crap her Aunt said. She was so weird, but she isn't allowed to say such 'vulgar things' as her step mother says.

Speaking of Takami, she was sitting next to Azula, she smiled sweetly at her niece as they chatted. "How are Ty Lee and Mai? Have you met any boys yet?" It seemed she'd much rather be Azula's step mother than Sun-hee's.

Takami was respectful to Azulon, Ozai, Iroh and Ursa but despised her step children. Not a new thing for a step parent to dislike their spouse's heirs. She really didn't like Lu Ten though.

She had long ash brown hair, paler than the moon skin and average brown eyes. Her body is what got her to the top. She was very irrelevant however, the only reason she was here was for her breast and small waist.

Her 'I love you's were pathetic pleads to be loved back. But that would never happen here. Not in the Capital of the greatest Nation in the world.

Iroh was gone, sent to sea a week before but sent his son wishes for a safe travel. Sun-hee didn't get so much as a goodbye hug.

Not that she cared, her Father was as irrelevant in her life as his new wife. He was dead to her as soon as he remarried and was long done searching for his approval on anything. She instead studied politics, war strategy, and psychology. Her Grandfather was pleased and even encouraged her study's.

Little did he know she was doing it all to better herself as a future spy.

But right now was Lu Ten's time to shine and she wouldn't take that from him. They may not be close but they cared for each other more then their cousins cared about each other. They were just better royal siblings in general since 100 years. Maybe because they never felt the need to up stage each other for their parents approval or glory.

Sun-hee couldn't care less who the Fire Lord was as long as they did their damn job.

"Mother, can you pass the fire salt?" Sun-hee asks her step mother. That was one of the things Sun-hee hated when she had to be out with other people and her step mother. Having to call her mother.

This woman did not disserve that title. Not one bit! She was never there when needed, always so vain, so caught up in the riches and the possibility of being the Fire Lady. Pfft.

This woman was hilariously stupid. Iroh would divorce her way before Azulon died. It was pathetic for her to think that.
Takami looks at Sun-hee as if she just disrespected the great ancestors, "Do you not see that I am talking? You don't need all that fire ember anyway" was her answer.

But Lu Ten handed it over anyway with a smile, "Here you go little sis, don't eat to much."

The siblings share a knowing look and the night goes by fast. Not fast enough though because by the end of dinner Sun-hee is grounded.

As she walks away from the table to follow her brother she hears Takami whisper to Azula, "Your cousin is getting on my nevers.... Xiao needs to be locked away...married to a man..." And at that Sun-hee high tailed it out of the room and latched onto her brother's back.

"Wha?!"- " NO TIME, MOVE MOVE MOVE!!".

And off to his room they ran.

In Lu Ten's room

"I still don't understand why she haaates meee. I mean, I understand why she has a burning hate for you . Being a boy and all."

Lu Ten honestly wasn't listening to his little sister. She was just being a baby sister, whiny and sassy.

But he nods along anyway, entertaining her thoughts and tangent. Then the subject he dreaded was brought up.

"So why do you want to join the ranks? I don't get it." Sun-hee says honestly, Lu Ten was more of a mellow guy. Sure he could fight and bend like a master but he has never shown much interest in the military. He shrugs and sighs, flopped onto his bed and groans like a dying beast .

"Dad wanted me to be more involved with my royal duties and gave me a list of things I could do. I refused to be a politician though and choose the ranks."

Sun-hee nods and looks at her brother sorrowfully, "Just....I love you big brother....your all I have left now. Dad's gone to and now I'm gonna be on my own" Sun-hee sighs and heads out the door.

"Just....just promise me you'll march your royal tush back home."

She sounded so hopeful, so full of wishes. It was a begging notion to her older brother to just come back.

Lu Ten said nothing to her the rest of his stay and left early the next day.

As he waved goodbye he called her 'Xiao' instead of Sun-hee.