Lewis Hamilton - A Push Forward

A/N: Requested by @Elle_prn . Inspired by the video of Lando shoving Alex towards Daniel - I'm still dead from watching it. Enjoy babes .xx

Being best friends with Lewis for many years, it's a privilege to be able to go to his races more often to support him. We lost contact for a few years as his fame only grew and I got busy with work, and studying at the same time. It wasn't until a year ago that we actually bumped into each other on the streets of London.

I know you're thinking why didn't I just message him or DM him all this time ? Well, when you're in love with that person and you don't want to come off desperate then it's best to leave the situation as it is so it doesn't become worse, besides that what if he already has someone in his life ?

To my luck, I actually had nothing to worry about and everything was back to how it used to be. We hung out a lot more than usual, on numerous occasions he offered to fly me to him and if I excused myself for not going then sometimes he'd actually book me on the next flight out to him by surprise because he knows I can't say no to him.

It became a relief when I started going to his races and was familiar with his team. I'm glad I let my bubbly side get the best of me, since I actually befriended a few drivers and Lando being one of the mains. I'm just a couple years older than him, but despite my age I'm just as much of a kid as he is.

The Russian GP weekend came around sooner than I thought. I haven't been to any of the races for the 2nd half of the season so I was overjoyed for this weekend.

I hate that the flutters are still their for Lewis even though he probably doesn't even feel the same. I decided to push my feelings for him aside this weekend since I don't want to fall any harder than I already have.

When Lando and I got to hang out in between sessions on Saturday for a brief moment he shocked me when he admitted that Max likes me. I was flattered because not only is it Max but the fact that someone likes me ! I actually started blushing when Lando told me and ever since then he hasn't stopped teasing me.

Race day came and I arrived at the track with Lewis. Angela waited for him whilst I proceeded to walk to the entrance of the paddock as I spotted Lando. Alex was in conversation with him, stopping in midst of what he was saying he pointed towards me. "Morning boys" I smiled as I hugged them both. "Perfect timing I must say" Lando said as he looked at his watch briefly. "Surprisingly we're on time for once, I got Lewis up early this morning" I said proudly.

"Impressive, wifey material things" Lando said, both Alex and I laughing. "Speaking of wifey material...theirs your man" Alex said as he pointed towards Max talking to Daniel. "You know too ?" I asked in shock. "Well theirs only like 4 people that know" Alex shrugged. "Only 4 people" I mocked. "Lets go say hi" Lando suggested with a cheeky smile. "No, we can skip that part" I said. "Okay then" he nodded his head with a mischievous grin as he started walking. What is he up to ?

Alex and I following as he stood in between us. Just as we walk towards Max and Daniel, Lando shoves me towards Max. This idiot. Max caught a hold of me just as I was about to fall. "Oh my god I'm so sorry, Lando was the one who pushed me" I said in a rush. "Don't be, I didn't mind" Max smiled at me as he lifted me up. "That's cute" Daniel said to Lando.

"My bad" Lando said unapologetically. Alex and Daniel stifled a laugh. Not realising that Lewis was actually watching me from behind, he rushed over to me to check if I'm okay. "(Y/N/N) are you okay ?" Lewis asked as he came rushing to me. "Yeah I'm fine don't worry" I smiled at him. "You can be so clumsy sometimes, lets go" Lewis said as he held my hand. I was caught surprised by his action as he never held my hand before.

Lando figured he's dead meat later when I shot him a glare before walking away with Lewis. Photographers went wild to see us holding hands as we walked through the paddock. Not realising that we aren't actually a couple but to the rest of the world it looks like it.

My notifications went wild not even 15 minutes later, rumours spread fast but not the truth. I have no idea what has gotten into him today, because if I'm not with him and haven't told him about my whereabouts then he asks Angela whom informs me every time.

It was amazing to be here to witness Lewis win before me, well deserved as always and it was about time to see his face lit up when he proudly stands on P1 on the podium.

I ran along with Angela and members of the team to parc fermé to watch the podium ceremony. I cheered and screamed as loud as I could for him, I was very proud. He caught me by surprise when he removed his helmet to kiss me on my cheek. Where is all this affection coming from ?

Everyone else thought it was normal since they assumed we were already dating. Instead of catching up with Lando and a few others after the race, Lewis made me stay with him during the debrief since he was basically alone.

It wasn't until he went to change after sitting in his robe for so long that I managed to catch Lando in the paddock. "How could you do that earlier ?" I asked him as soon as I saw him. "I was just playing Cupid, thank me later" he said as he patted my shoulder. "You know I don't like Max like that" I said as I tilted my head to the side. "I'm well aware...your reaction is priceless every time so I have to" he laughed. Just then Max was walking towards us. "Hey guys" he greeted us.

"Hey !" Lando and I said back. "So (Y/N), are you going to be around in Monaco this upcoming week ?" He asked. "I am...how did you know ?" I asked as I raised a brow. "Lucky guess...would you perhaps like to go out tomorrow ?" He questioned as he shoved his hands into his jacket pockets. "I would love to" I smiled.

"But she can't" Lewis said, which we all turned in his direction. I raised a brow at him to go on as to why I can't. "We have a date tomorrow" he said. "A date ?" I questioned, which he nodded his head to answer. "Oh. Well, we can always go on another day" Max suggested. "Yepp sounds good with me" I smiled back. Lando glanced between the 3 of us in shock with what has unfolded. "Okay we should get going now, we have a flight to catch. See you boys in Japan" Lewis said as he shook their hands.

I hugged them both and even exchanged numbers with Max before Lewis and I left together. He grabbed a hold of my hand and intwined our fingers. "You don't have to pretend anymore Lew...what's with all this affection anyway ?" I asked. "I know" he smiled as he looked at me briefly. "Lew, stop" I said as I stopped in my tracks and pulled my hand away.

"This has been sitting on my chest for too long but you know what flip it. I don't want you showing me affection if you don't actually feel anything more than friends. It's only making it worse for me because I'm catching feelings here and have no control of it. I understand this may be hard for you to take in and you probably don't feel the same -" he cut me off by placing his hand under my chin and closing the gap between us.

Just as I imagined, the sparks and butterflies went off. It honestly felt like something that I was missing from my life all these years. Our lips moved perfectly in sync. It was sweet yet so passionate. I didn't want it to end but unfortunately I had to break away to catch my breath. "Who said I didn't feel the same ? I've been in love with you ever since I met you, I've just been too scared to admit it because I was worried about our friendship. I lost you once and I don't ever want to lose you again" he said as he cupped my cheeks.

"Say that first part again because I don't think I heard correctly" I said playfully. His lips curled into a smile, he knows what I'm talking about. "I love you (Y/N). Always have and well now...always will" he said as he rubbed soothing circles on the back of my hand. "I'm still finding this all very hard to belief" I pouted. "Oh I can prove that" he grinned as he placed his lips on mine again. "Better" I murmured in between kisses.