Lance Stroll - A fool to jump to conclusions

A/N: Thank you to @xkimisliefx for the request. Hope you all enjoy ! Much love .xx

It was the Canada GP, a special one for Lance as it was his home GP. I was glad to have joined him during the special weekend to support him despite the work load I had back home, being with him to cheer him on was even more meaningful.

I was in the Williams garage as the drivers parade was going on, to think that I'd be alone and have no one to talk to, Lance's engineer had came to the rescue as he spotted me alone at the garage on my phone.

"Hi there. You must be (Y/N). I'm James, one of Lance's engineer" he said as he extended his hand which I shook back. "Hey. Pleasure to meet you and indeed that's me" I smiled. "This is Luca. We both share the duty of being Lance's engineer" James said as he pointed to the guy seated next to him. "Hey" I waved at him which he gave me a nod and a smile.

James grew to be great company whilst Lance was away, he had a great sense of humour and he was really bubbly, I'm so glad that I wouldn't have to worry about being alone if I were to come to one of Lance's races again.

Just after the drivers parade, Lance came into the garage which I hadn't noticed. Little did I know he was upset to see me laughing at a joke that James told me whilst my hand was placed on his arm as a kind gesture, but I guess he saw it as something else.

He didn't bother to talk to me as he stormed off to his drivers room. "Hey Lance" James called for him from behind me. I turned around to see him stop in his tracks as he was about to walk down the hallway. "Hey" He said plainly as he glanced at James then at me before walking back to his room.

"Whatsup with him ?" James asked confused. "No idea, makes me wonder myself what got him in such a mood" I said as I shrugged my shoulders. I looked back at the hallway he walked through, "Excuse me, I better check whatsup with him" I said as I left James to walk over to Lance's room. "Goodluck !" James yelled. I smiled and gave him a thumbs up as I proceeded to his room.

I knocked on the door before entering, "Who is it ?" He asked in his usual voice. "It's me" I said from the other side of the door. "I'm busy" he said as he changed his tone. I rolled my eyes as I opened the door anyway and sat on the couch.

"What's wrong with you ? Speak to me" I said as I lowered my voice at the end. "I don't want to talk right now (Y/N), I need to focus on the race, just leave me alone" he said as he was still in a mood. "Tell me what's gotten into you all of a sudden, I could be of help if you just tell me" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back against the couch as I watched him change into his drivers suit.

"Now is not the time. You pissed me off and I'd like you to leave me alone" he said as he glanced at me for a brief second then continued to change. "I pissed you off ? What did I do ?" I asked in confusion. What is he on about ? "You have time to figure that out whilst I'm out on the track" he said as he zipped up his suit and was ready to walk out the door.

I stopped him before he could leave as I held onto his wrist. "I'd like an explanation now, Stroll. I risked my all my work to be here to support you and now you come here telling me that I pissed you off ?" I let my anger out. "The explanation can wait, I have a race to finish" he said lastly as he walked out the door.

I couldn't care about supporting him now, I didn't bother to even hug or kiss him before he got into the car, I wish I was at home right now. I stayed in his drivers room for a few minutes as I let the tears fall that I hadn't realised I was holding back. He calls me this far to tell me that I've pissed him off ? That too without an explanation ? An absolute idiot.

After I heard the hype going off in the garage, I decided to go back before someone would come out and find me crying which I of course don't want people to worry about. The race had already started and Lance retired in the first lap. I would say karma but I wouldn't want to seem like a bitchy girlfriend so we can all pretend we heard Fernando saying it.

"(Y/N) where were you ?" James asked as he was shocked to see me come into the garage at this time. "I had a family emergency" I said as I then pressed my lips together. I could see the pit crew all were upset and frustrated. "What did I miss ?" I asked as I looked at the TV screen so see Lance had retired from the race. "I'm gonna go" I said as I sighed which James just nodded his head.

I went back to his drivers room as I had no idea where else to go. I laid down on the couch and decided to waste some time on my phone to distract me. Just then the door burst open and there stood Lance. "Where were you before the race ? I asked everyone but no one saw you ! You weren't there for me when I needed you the most, a little update for you, I retired from the race" he yelled in frustration as he stood before me. I decided to ignore what he said and continued to play on my phone.

"Are you even listening to me ?" He yelled as he ran his fingers through his hair. I closed my eyes for a split second and decided that I can't take this anymore. "You have no right to talk to me like that. First you say I pissed you off, then you made me cry for feeling guilty and now you wonder where I was before the damn race. You're worst than me when I'm on my period. I know you retired from the race you fool and I couldn't care right now ! You call me to come this far to treat me like shit ? I don't deserve this" I yelled in frustration as I got up from the couch and was ready to walk out the door.

He pulled at my wrist and engulfed me in a hug as he stroked my hair. "Let me go !" I said as I tried to release myself from his grip. "I'm sorry" he said as he placed a kiss on my forehead and then planted kisses all over my face. "Well, sorry ain't going to fix anything" I said as I crossed my arms. He sat on the couch then pulled me onto his lap, "I'll admit I was jealous. I was being an absolute jerk blaming you. I couldn't stand to see you laughing and joking with another guy. I'm really sorry baby" he said as he played with my fingers.

"He's your damn engineer ! You're such a fool honestly" I said as I gave him a look. "I'm your fool" he said as he caressed my cheek then pulled me in to cuddle. "Apology not accepted yet. I need to be convinced some other way to be able to forgive you" I said as I looked up into his eyes. "I can arrange some things" he said cheekily.