Kevin Magnussen - Okay will be our always

A/N: Requested by @ChaChaScamander . Enjoy ! .xx

"Love is overrated"

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that over these years my feelings for Kevin would become much stronger. These last few months have actually been harder for me since trying so hard not to think about us being more than friends, I know it sounds silly but I don't know if he feels the same way.

But he completes me...he makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he's always willing to hear me out and ugh I can honestly go on.

Interesting story, we actually knew each other through our dads. If they weren't good friends then I don't think I would've met Kevin in my life time.

It became our thing that after every race weekend, when he flys back to Denmark, we meet at the park not far from his house to just catch up on everything that we missed out on.

Today I thought it's about time I confront him about my feelings, you never know if you don't try and it will probably kill me slowly if I don't shoot my shot, eventually missing my opportunity.

Instead of waiting at our regular spot at the bench table, I was actually pacing back and forth as I imagined what I was going to tell him and the consequences of doing so.

"Hey...are you okay ?" He asked as he raised a brow which made me stop in my tracks. "Oh you're already here. Hi" I gave him a small smile in embarrassment. He then walks closer and pulls me in for hug which caught me by surprise. "I missed you" he whispered into my hair.

"I actually thought you'd be happy to be away from me" I joked. "Haha very funny...why would I be happy to have something like you missing from my life ?" He asked as his tone changed. "I don't know...I figured I'm a pain" I said as I tried to change the subject and chuckled.

"Are you okay ?" He asked as he pulled me by hand to sit on the bench. "Yes" I said as I pursed my lips. "Actually, no" I said quickly. "Well, what's wrong ? Tell me" he said as he grabbed a hold of my hands and played with my fingers whilst still keeping eye contact.

"Ugh I wish this was easy to talk about" I said as I looked down. "Well it can be if you tell me about it. I can help and you know I'm always willing to hear you out. I'm here for you every step of the way" he said as he lifted my chin to meet his eyes again.

I inhaled deeply before exhaling. "Okay you know what ? Flip it...I'm just going to say it" I said as I cleared my throat. He nodded his head for me to go on. "Okay Kevin...so for a long while now I've been feeling different. I've been a lot more happier than usual and someone is actually the reason for that. We've been friends for quite a long time and now I love him" I said as I pressed my lips together.

"Well...erm, if you love him then just tell him. You never know if you'll get the opportunity and if you blow your chance then you're just going to regret it" he said in a softer voice. "I just did...you're the one I'm talking about. I love you, Kev" I said lowly at the end.

"Oh" he said in shock. "Damn it, I just knew it, I shouldn't have told you. I look like an idiot because now I just ruined our friendship. Please forget I said that" I said as I got up from the bench and proceeded to walk away.

He got up and grabbed me by my wrist to pull me back. "Don't say that, I'm glad you actually did. I've fallen for you and I didn't have the nerve to tell you" he admitted. "Omg really ? Well that's a relief" I sighed. "I really like you more than a friend but I wouldn't say that I love you" he said which made my heart drop. "Oh uhm okay" I said disheartened. "I don't mean it like that ! Shit, I'm sorry. I meant that I don't like the idea of saying 'I love you' to someone special. I think that love is overrated" he said as he pulled me closer to wrap his arms around my waist whilst I placed my hands on his chest.

"You almost broke my heart their" I giggled. "How about if okay will be our always instead of I love you" he said as he pushed a strand of my hair away. "Okay" I giggled at how cheesy he is. "Wait a second, did you catch that quote from the movie 'The fault in our stars' ?" I asked shocked. "You bet I did. I watched it so long ago on one of my flights and I was waiting for the right opportunity to use it" he said before slowly leaning in to close the gap between our lips.