Chapter 14

We walked hand-in-hand to the bakery, having some fangirls squeal at our appearance and a few camera lights flash from here to there. I had on my previous outfit at the hotel room and some pink Vans the boys got me for last Christmas. It was strange being out in public as “Prodigy’s girlfriend” with sweats, but no matter how hard I tried telling Prod I didn’t mind changing, he wouldn’t listen. I didn’t know why, but a part of me was quite thankful he wasn’t oblivious when it came to his “girlfriend’s image”; I was damn comfortable in this loose tee, shoes (not heels, for once!), and baggy sweats. 

All I had that were considered fancy on were some coal-black Prada glasses Walter loaned me. At first, I thought it was stupid wearing sunglasses. He had no idea how long girls take just to put on eye makeup, and wearing sunglasses to cover that was foolish. But now, I honestly couldn’t be any more thankful for shades covering my bloodshot orbs.

When we got the the bakery, I felt relieved it wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be. The bakery was endearing; it had caramel walls, dark brown cushions, tables shaped like a dripping chocolate fountain -- it was a mid-quality place in a comforting atmosphere.

Prod motioned me to sit at a table while he got our brunch. I decided to sit in a corner away from everyone else, since a few teenage girls that looked like they were from a local academy were already starting to stare.

A wave of intolerance began tensing my veins. Were they apart of those girls that hated me because I was "dating" Prodigy? Before I could even think, the gang of school girls approached my table.

One of them tapped my shoulder. Thank God for sunglasses. “Um, excuse me?”

I  brought my view upwards. Two of the three high school girls had their purple Androids gripped tightly in their palms, while the other had her Jansport backpack over her right shoulder. I noticed that all of them were wearing black "Mindless Behavior" wristbracelets.

“Hello,” I tried my best to smile, but the pain from a few hours ago still inflicted me. 

“Are you Nicole Parker? The Nicole Parker, as in Prodigy’s girlfriend?” A slim, African American girl peeped.

I nodded, a bit surprised that they actually knew my name. Usually, a celebrity dating a non-celebrity would just be known as “his girlfriend” or “her boyfriend”. For Mindless fans to remember my name and my face made me cheery and somewhat frightened.

Instantly, all the girls shrieked in admiration; one with tight curls even started fanning herself. “Can I have your autograph?” The slim girl handed me a fine point Sharpie and what seemed like her semi-passing Algebra test. “Oh my god, this can’t be happening!” 

As I started signing, the slim one peeped. “Could you please make it out to Destiny?” She smiled; I could tell by her flushed cheeks that she was slightly nervous.

One of her friends scoffed. “And Ashlynn!”

I chuckled lightly. “Sure, you have such a nice name, Destiny. All of you do, actually. You are all beautiful girls.” I said, handing back the paper. Honestly, it somewhat overwhelmed me that I was already signing autographs when I practically didn’t do anything. But I guess that was how the media worked at certain ocassions.

“Thank you! You’re really prettier in person.” Destiny chimed. I smiled slightly, as my self-esteem just raised. 

“Yeah!” The other girl, who was a permed Latina, uttered. “You and Prodigy make such a good couple!”