Chapter 3

The drive to the hotel was awfully silent, as it was noticeable that the talk between Princeton and I was insanely awkward. Ray and Roc tried their best to pick up a conversation, but horribly failed. Especially for Ray Ray; he wouldn't shut up about the fact that I was here to make him tacos.

When we arrived at the hotel, I was merely shocked by how huge the suite was. The room consisted of an extensive living room, four bedrooms, four bathrooms, some decked-out furniture, and an enormous kitchen. Damn, Ray Ray would love this, I thought in my head.

"Holy fuck!!"

I turned around.

"This kitchen is made for me!!!" I saw Ray get on his knees and bow down to the room, praising and worshipping it. Guess I spoke too soon.

I chuckled. "The hell, Ray?" Roc mumbled under his breath, staring at him with a confused expression.

"Get up, you taco butt." I said with a giggle, lending out a hand to help him up.

He scooted away. "Only if you make me a refrigerator full of your tacos.."

I sighed. "Three."

"Five."

"Four."

"Ten."

Giving up, I groaned loudly. "Okay! Fine! I'll make you some tacos!"

Ray Ray jumped in happiness; having his hands waving in the air violently in victory. "Damn right! I have a fucking free batch of tac-"

BAM.

Ray, Roc, and I looked in the direction of the sudden noise. We were all trying to catch our breath, a bit startled from the loud door slam.

I saw Prince, looking far way annoyed, head straight for the bathroom. Prodigy, with an even more furious face, headed for one of the bedrooms, cursing beneath his breath.

Before entering one of the rooms, he stopped. "Nicole?"

Both Ray and Roc looked at me. I gulped. "Yeah?"

He raised his hand, motioning me to come over.

As I got in the room, I sat awkwardly on the newly made bed, watching Prodigy pace back and forth in stress.

"Are you okay, Prod?" I asked worriedly. "You look like you just saw a ghos-"

"What did Prince tell you exactly when you went over to talk?" Prod interrupted me, bringing his tone on a higher level.

My heart skipped a beat -- in a bad way. I couldn't tell him what Prince said; that'd just be insulting. And by all means, I had no idea what Prince meant at all. I mean, I already knew Prodigy didn't deserve me. He deserved someone rich, famous, and down right beautiful. Damn, for all I knew, he deserved a Beyonce look-a-like.

But, either way, that wasn't the point. We only "got together" to increase their popularity status, not because I "deserved him".

"H-he asked if I could join him in his room and chill to some... Nirvana. He said he missed me since... I've only seen him last summer." I could feel my heart rate increase after every lie I blurted. "I said I'd chill with him later on because I had to... unpack." I began rubbing my palms slowly and uneasily, hoping the effort would calm me down.

Prod squinted his eyes a bit, a sign that he was not believing my story. "Nicole," he gritted through his teeth. "Do you think I'm stupid? I've known you for so long! I know you're lying to my face! Just tell me!"

I started scooting away from Prodigy, feeling my heart beat even faster. I've never seen him this angry before. "Look, I know if I tell you it'd start a lot of-"

"Just tell me, Nicole!!!" He yelled, loud enough for other people to hear. His voice was booming; I could actually feel the walls shake.

I got up on my own two feet, letting all the stored anger steam throughout my whole body. The feeling of fright banished and what replaced it was the overwhelming feeling of anger. Loads of it. "Prince said that you don't deserve me! You happy?!" 

Prod grunted fumingly. He raised his left hand and unexpectedly punched the wall. I saw a few drips of blood drop from his knuckles, but honestly, I couldn't care any less.

"God damnit, Nicole! You could've just told me like that!!" He shouted, avoiding the stream of blood trickle from his knuckles.

"I could've told you like that?" I mocked him in a disbelief tone. "What does it matter anyway?! I'm trying to keep your band together, not break it apart!"

"And how is not telling me what Prince said keeping the band together? Tell me, you smart ass!"

My jaw dropped wide open, and I could tell Prod noticed he crossed the line. All I tried to do was save their friendship. I bit my lips, hoping it'd prevent me from raging. Sure, I was called a "bitch" and a "slut", but it was by irrelevant people. For someone in my life as important as Prodigy to call me something out of my name got my mind on a whole downgraded level. A few tears of stress fell from my eyes, and I could tell by the weight of my tears that I was shedding off my mascara.

"I only agreed to this stupid plan for you! The least you could do is respect my decisions! You know why you don't? Because you never treated me like a best friend! Never! I coped up with so much stress, and you didn't even bother to ask me why! Only Princeton did!" I brought my gaze up, noticing Prod had his mouth slightly ajar as well. "You know what? Maybe Princeton was right! You don't deserve me, Prodigy. You don't deserve me at all!!"

I knew I crossed the line as well, because I was basically intending that I didn't need him in my life. It was completely false, but for some odd reason, I seemed to not find a single care to give.

Before another word, Prodigy left the room, speechless and aggravated as ever. I locked the door, in hopes he wouldn't enter again, then crawled onto the bed. I tried my best to calm myself down from the fight we just had. It was actually our first fight in the many years of friendship we've shared. I laid my head on a couple pillows and sighed.

First day being his fake girlfriend, and already we "broke up", I thought in my head.