Chapter 19

Prodigy's POV

As I watched Nicole make a serene, yet quick journey to the unoccupied restroom, I felt my entire inner being deteriorate from heartbreak. Not only did Nicole sensibly brush off both of our feelings, but our close friendship of fifteen years as well.

Whatever Nicole said was an utter lie, and I knew it straight from the heart. There was no way in damn Hell that Nicole couldn't have fallen for me in the process of our fake relationship. Though it sounds a tad arrogant, it was also a true, undeniable fact. Let's not forget that I knew the girl since toddler ages. Between the stare-offs, conversations (intimate or not), and traveling, her brighter personality and demeanor made it quite evident for me to know that she did develop feelings for me. Colby said so herself back at the argument yesterday. Plus, if she really did not have some sort of affection for me, she wouldn't have accepted being apart of the stunt... right?

Sighing deeply, and still facing the direction I was in before Nicole shattered my self-worth, my hands made its way to the slit of my hoodie's pockets. Grabbing the familiar piece of metal frame, I took my tinted sunglasses out and put them on, as my goal was to block every one's gazes from my now tearing eyes. And when I say "every one", I meant Princeton.

Although I was still in the tour bus, and our windows were closed to block the morning daylight's rays, I was still able to sense Princeton's opposing aura behind me. In fact, I felt the negative vibes the entire time I was here. I didn't seem to mind, though, simply because I thought Nicole would accept my apology and understand my reason. Alas, I was embarrassed and rejected; perhaps even for the rest of my life.

Swiftly turning my body around, I was able to catch a good glimpse of Princeton quickly turning his direction away from me. I knew he was gawking and eavesdropping; though the nigga got headphones on, I perceived that his iPod Touch was on mute. A chuckle escaped from my lips. I must admit, the nigga's slick, but I'm slicker.

Unfortunately, I already knew that I was telling myself all of that just to construct whatever was left of my dignity. My confidence was overriding just to hide away the pain. Fact is, I ruined a perfectly close friendship of a girl I fell in love with just to see if my feelings were true. What makes it even worst is that they are true.

Damnit, Prodigy. Get it together, an inner voice scolded myself, as another salty tear traveled its way to the floor. How funny, I'm getting reproaches from my own self. I'm becoming psychotic.

When I finally reached my bottom bunk bed, I caught Ray sending me a sympathetic look. He didn't say anything, and neither did I. He must've heard our conversation as well, considering the fact that there were no closed rooms in Big Mama besides the two bathrooms. That just gave me more reasons to be embarrassed.

I inhaled deeply, taking in all the difficulties, and collapsed my body onto the mattress. As my eyes glanced at the wall clock, I realized that it would be about an hour till we reach our destination -- Ellen's studio.

There was nothing to do; nobody to talk to. Because of my inattentive actions, everybody was against me, or at least that's what it felt like. I knew from yesterday that Walter and Keisha were highly disappointed in me. I hated knowing I disappointed and upset people -- one of the reasons why I strive to work my hardest. To tell the truth, one thing that my parents and other successful people from the mellifluous business taught me were right morals. Not only was I supposed to be humble, but I was to be truthful, responsible, courageous, and the list continues on. Sucks to know that majority of that list was already crossed out.

Not only were Walter and Keisha upset, but all of my friends as well. What made me even more distressed was the fact that nobody understood the reason why I did it. Nobody bothered to make the effort to understand why I chose to do such a scandal. All they did was listen to the word, judge me wrong, and ignore me.