Chapter 12*

After Marlon's film was finished, he returned back to New York. This time he took Rita on his arm. Watching him court her was hard for me, however he never properly claimed her as his. He'd constantly bring her to bed but disregard her when it came to feelings.

I'd distract myself from that affair by occupying myself with work. It was an easy escape for me. Constantly I tried to convince myself that Marlon was an addiction that was no good for me.

"I'm very thankful you were able to sit down with me here at my home." I smiled at the attractive man. He sat with pride, shoulders square off and chin up. His face was extremely handsome, his lips full and jaw strong.

"It's a pleasure for you to have me." His words were smooth and intoxicating. My cheeks got warm as I looked down at my notepad, he definitely had magnetism.

 My cheeks got warm as I looked down at my notepad, he definitely had magnetism

"Harry Belafonte..." I read off of my notepad. "What an interesting name. Is that a stage name?"

"Yes, my birth surname is Bellanfanti. However the big guys felt that people wouldn't be able to pronounce that." Harry flashed a smile at me.

"Both are absolutely gorgeous." I shook my head in admiration.

"The same could be said about you." Harry gave me a charming smile. "Tell me— do you have any man in your life?"

"I haven't been searching for one." I lifted my head. My eyes glimpsed down to the coffee table in front of us. A framed photo of Marlon and I leaning on his motorcycle sat there. He'd taken it from the set of The Wild One. At night, I'd straddle the back of the motorcycle as Marlon raced across Manhattan.

"Anything I can do to change that?" Harry smiled a me. Still, I looked toward the photo on the coffee table, slightly being distracted by my memories. Harry noticed the distraction. "Brando. I know him. We went to The New School together."

"Did you really?" I rose my eyebrows. "Marlon never mentioned you..."

"As he was praised in class along with his peers that looked like him, I was often left behind with the people like us." Harry told me in chopped words.

"I see." I frowned. I didn't even take the time to write that fact down. I knew if I put it in the article, it would be edited out. "Well how did you breakout into the nightclub entertainment world?"

"I shopped around, did a few small gigs to pay the bills. Then finally someone approached me to record music!" Harry lifted his hands.

"I'm sure that was career changing for you." I rose my eyebrows at him.

"I flopped." Harry said bluntly. The both of us laughed together. "However in the meantime I continued on in nightclubs. Showed up as an extra in a few movies. Wined and dined a few beautiful women, but none seem to have amounted to you."

"Should I include that you're quite charmer in the article?" I asked him with a grin.

"You can include anything you want, Kitten." Harry looked me up and down. He inched closer to me on the couch, somehow I stayed where I was. I allowed him to come nearer to me. "I've never seen a journalist so pretty."

"I've heard that before." I told him quietly, but still looked at him with lust. He inched his face closer to me, his eyes looking in mine.

"Have others told you that you're the most beautiful girl they'd ever set eyes on?" Harry asked me. I shook my head 'no' slowly. Harry inched closer, his lips about to touch mine. "Or that you have a beautiful golden sparkle in your eyes when the light hits them?"

I laughed at his comment. Harry lifted his hand and swiped a hair that was out of place on my hairdo. Then, he cupped my cheek, leaning in and leaving a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed him back, knowing that I was once again putting my career on the line. However I was so hurt by Marlon, I wanted to be loved desperately. I knew Harry could provide that, even if it was just for a moment.

As we kissed, Harry slowly removed my notepad out of my lap and set it on the table. As he placed it down, it knocked over the photo of Marlon and I.

My fingers moved to the buttons of my dress, opening then frantically. Harry helped me remove my dress and throw it on the floor. I laid back on the couch, opening my legs waiting to receive him. He quickly tried to remove his belt, then stood up as he pulled down his pants.

Once he laid on top of me, I guided his member inside of me. Both of us moaned as we came together. In that moment, I was totally free of Marlon. Harry's sex made me forget all of my troubles.

I gripped onto his shirt as he continued to thrust into me. He left small kisses over my neck as he moved in and out. Finally, Harry pulled out as he finished. Both of us laid there out of breath.

I felt as if I accomplished something. That was the first man I'd ever let touch me since Marlon. For once, I had done something for my own selfish pleasure.

Afterwards I stood with Harry by the door. I held his hat in my hand, looking up at him with satisfaction traced in my eyes. "It's been a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Belafonte."

I began to place his hat on his head, but he lowered it down. "This won't be the first time we meet, Ms. Taylor. I can promise you that."

"Do you really mean that we will stay in touch? Or is this just one of the empty promise attractive men like you make?" I grinned up at him. Harry kept eye contact with me as he slowly lifted the hat and placed it on my coat rack.

"See? Now you have something that belongs to me. I have to return." Harry grinned. He gripped my chin between his fingers, left a soft kiss, then walked out of the door.

The FacadeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara