Chapter 1: Awakening

Start from the beginning

Neptune's head was resting on top of Zack's shoulder near his head. He wanted to wake her up, but she looked so cute while she slept.

"Did she seriously fall asleep!?" Zack sweatdropped, seeing her mutter a few words.

"Nepu... pudding..." Neptune said, in her bizarre dream world.

"Did she fall asleep again?" Nepgear was oblivious to the situation, that was about to unfold.

Zack started to blush, as he looked over to see Neptune barely reaching his ear.

"Uh, NEPGEAR! Could you please get her off of me?" Zack was starting to panic.

"Why?" Nepgear noticed her sister about to bite Zack's ear. "Oh, sorry! She does this sometimes." So Zack and Nepgear both carried Neptune the rest of the way.

"I can imagine. But what's the thing with her saying pudding every 5 minutes?" Asked Zack with an eyebrow raised.

"Pudding is one of her favorite snacks. And believe me, sister eats a lot, I mean A LOT of pudding."

"Well I guess I understand why she has so many dreams involving pudding now." Nepgear giggled at that comment.

A few minutes later, we reached the entrance of the basilicom.

"Histoire, can you open the door? it's me Zackary!"

Someone answered, but it wasn't Histoire. Zack knew now that she was the oracle of Planeptune. Histoire would be worried sick for Planeptune's ruler right now. Zack expected she would arrive in a couple seconds. Nepgear told him this would be IF, who is one of their friends that works at the Guild and helps them from time to time.

"So you are the infamous Zack I have heard so much about." IF saw we were both carrying Neptune.

"Nepgear, what happened to your sister!? Did Zack hurt her in any way?" IF asked the last part, while looking at him with an intense glare.

"No! Zack did not hurt sister in any way! She fell asleep, after he re-explained what I told him about us and Gamindustri." Zack was staring at IF, with a glare of his own.

"I am going to tuck sister in bed now..." Nepgear slowly walked away, as the saiyan and IF stared at each other angrily.

"So you think since Histoire summoned you, you think I would trust you right off the bat?" IF asked.

A tick mark made it way onto Zack's forehead again, this time he was more angry than before with Neptune.

"What is your deal!? Ever since Histoire probably told you about me, you are being an absolute jerk. I just met you, and you are treating me like an enemy. Why is it because you don't trust me?"

IF was shocked to hear how harsh Zack's tone was towards the girl. She faced the other way, towards the entrance, about to leave.

"Trust is earned, and from what I am seeing now is pathetic. You think since Histoire chose you, that I can trust you right off the bat? You are wrong. You, a person we had no knowledge of, until you arrived here a few hours ago. The CPUs trust you, but I won't trust you until you prove to me that you are what Histoire said you would be." With that remark, she left.

Ouch. Harsh. Zack felt like he was hated yet again, but that didn't stop him now since all of his memories are back, and a new life to boot. It would be horrible to waste it and end his life here.

"Well that certainly must have hurt your feelings." A familiar voice Zack remembered from the memory stone incident. He saw Histoire floating on that same tome.

"How much did you hear?"

"Enough to know that it hurt you. Don't worry Zack, IF will come around. It might take a while for her to trust you though."

"Zack, it's getting late, how about you get some rest?"

"You sure? I don't want to be a burden here."

"Nonsense, you can stay as long as you like!" Histoire told the saiyan with a smile.

The oracle gave Zack directions to the guest room. It wasn't that far away, but he found where it was. Zack was laying in bed, when the words from IF ran in his mind, like a record on a loop that didn't seem to stop.

Trust is earned, and from what I am seeing now is pathetic.

You think since Histoire chose you, that I can trust you right off the bat?

I won't trust you until you prove to me that you are what Histoire said you would be.

One thing Zack wondered, before falling asleep at last was... What did IF mean by what Histoire said he would be?

EX: We leave off with a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoyed the first one, more to come!