•7•

Dear Diary,

Why am I still trying? Why can't I leave everything be and just be content in my life. Why? Why am I so needy?

       -Mercedes

"Do you think this is a bad idea? I think this is a bad idea. I don't kn-

"Calm down beautiful," Seth breathed as he watched her pace around the room. He stood up from the bed and placed his hands on her shoulders, "I need you to really think about this. What will finding Rebecca do for you?" He asked.

"Get my best friend back," she answered immediately.

"But she blames you for everything that happened with your dad. Is that really a friend," he says as she frowns.

"I never said she blames me. She just took her anger out on me," Sasha trailed off

•F•l•a•s•h•b•a•c•k•

Rebecca barges into Mercedes home, stomping up her stairs and swinging her bedroom door open.

Mercedes sat up from her bed looking extremely confused as to why her best friend was barging into her home this early in the morning.

"What is it becks?" She asked while yawning.

"YOUR FATHER RUINED MY LIFE!" She screamed. Sasha flinched in her bed before raising an eyebrow.

"How?" She asked.

"HE-HE GOT ME PREGNANT!" She yelled making the color drain from Sasha's face, "a few weeks ago I got waisted and then I woke up n-

"I don't want to know the details," she cringes trying to remove the mental image from her head,"Becky that's disgusting. Are you sure your pre-

"YES! GOD DAMNIT I HATE YOU!" She yelled beginning to lose it. She clenched her fists tightly as her face reddened. Sasha stood up from her bed holding her hands in the air trying to stop Rebecca but that didn't help. She punched her square in the face causing Sasha to scream and drop to the floor as blood poured out of her nose.

"LEAVE! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE! I HOPE YOU AND YOUR CHILD HAVE A NICE LIFE BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL WON'T BE A PART OF IT!" Sasha cried as she held her hand to her throbbing face.

That was the last time she saw Rebecca.

•E•n•d•

"She broke your nose. Friends- best friends don't do that on purpose," Seth sighed before picking her up and carrying her to the bed where he sat down with her in his lap.

"What are you doing?" She asked with her head snuggled against his chest.

"Shhh," he whispered holding her close. He hated to see her stressed. She relaxed in his arms, taking in his scent which was filled with the cologne which made every girl swoon over. "Baby please just move on from this," he pleaded.

"But she was my best friend," Sasha whimpered.

"I know love but maybe she has a better life now. What if she doesn't need your saving. She could be married for all you know," he said. The thought burned in Sasha's head like a flame. She shook her head, "we don't need to go to Boston to see her parents. You can always call them if you're that worried about her but the first time you described her to me you said she was smart, strong, and a total badass. I think she's managing just fine," Seth continued .