Zi You and Lui Yun Part 2

"Goodbye mother and father! Hu Xin, make sure you treat mother and father well." Zi You said his goodbyes to his mother and father before jokingly saying these words to his sister.

"First of all, I have always been treating them like a queen and a king, brother, and I will gladly continue to do so. You just have to continue being my butler." As Hu Xin said the last part, she flipped her hair back, and added a smirk onto her face.

"Drama queen," Zi You muttered under his breath, holding onto Lui Yun's hand.

"I heard that!" Hu Xin glared at Zi You before smiling.

"Take good care of my dumb brother, brother-in-law. I'll be waiting for good news from you two soon. And if you have time, Lui Yun, call me. I'll make sure to give you some juicy information about my brother. Bye!" Hu Xin quickly entered the car after she said those words, a smile lingering at the corner of her lips.

Lui Yun turned to look at Zi You, his eyes unable to hide the love in them.

"Ready to go?" Lui Yun asked Zi You, who was staring off into the distance as his family got further and further away.

Zi You turned and looked deeply into Lui Yun's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Zi You said, now feeling much lighter than when he had first come. Although he had come prepared with the thought of being rejected, it seemed like his family had already suspected something long ago.

As Zi You sat in the car, he couldn't help but worry about Lui Yun now. Although Zi You had solved his problem, Lui Yun was still going through a rough time, even the smile on his face couldn't hide the turmoil within his eyes.

"Are you okay, Lui Yun?" Zi You spent a few seconds thinking before he finally asked this. It couldn't hurt to try.

Zi You could see that Lui Yun had unconsciously flinch before he replied to his question.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Just, some troubles came up but you don't have to worry, it'll be gone soon." Lui Yun reassured Zi You, silently yelling at himself for slipping up on his act. Maybe he had been showing his real emotions without knowing.

Zi You didn't believe him, not even one bit, but he still showed relief on the outside. "Just know that I will always be here for you if you have something to tell me one day."

"Yeah, maybe I will be able to tell you one day," Lui Yun whispered underneath his breath.

Zi You knew that Lui Yun was going through a rough time. But the one thing he knew
was that when someone said they're fine, most likely, the chances were higher that they aren't fine. He also knew that when people said don't worry, that was only to make sure that the other person doesn't ask more questions, it was either to protect the other person or themselves.

Zi You could tell that Lui Yun was tensed, even as he pretended not to, he couldn't stop himself. He merely shook his head a bit, wondering how long everything would take to fall back in place.

Lui Yun held onto the steering wheel tightly, trying to calm the emotions running wild inside him. He wanted to tell Zi You, but something inside him just wouldn't let him. He wished he could say the truth, to tell him everything that he had been going through, but he didn't want to do so. He didn't want to burden Zi You with his own struggles, he didn't want for him to know the deepest, darkest secrets that he had never told to anyone.

Maybe it was selfish of him to want to hide something like this, but he didn't want Zi You to be worried about him. After all, though he had friends, he had been alone for most of his life. Being betrayed had left a mark in him that turned into a scar, unwilling to fade away. Even though he knew that Zi You wouldn't do something like that, something like leaving him, Lui Yun still wanted to take precautions. After all, if he lost Zi You, he wouldn't know what to do with his life.