Jess

As much as Jess wanted to be the heroine, she knew that she was probably better off giving up than carrying on with her broken heart, hoping that this would somehow turn out to be a blessing in disguise... (If only...)

     Heading back to the safety of her enclosed loft, she walked out of the studio the same way she came in and made her way to Lacey's car without so much as a trace. She had done all that she could possibly do... The ball was was entirely in Mayfield's court. Whatever she chose to do from here on out would determine the entire fate of Jessica's existence.

     Unlocking the double door locks to her suite, she was able to make out the muffled sounds of a presence on the other side. Slowly opening the door with heavy caution, the sight of Lexa on the other side was almost alarming had she not almost half expected that her worst nightmare still had the keys to her loft. Had she not already imposed herself enough, Jessica was in no way mentally prepared to deal with the situation before her, so instead of kicking her out, she bypassed the woman entirely and retired to her bed.

     Taking that as a sign of acceptance, Alexa continued to make herself at home while Jessica continued to ignore her presence entirely. One problem at a time, and Lexa was the least of her concerns.