Day 55 - Jess

Shoes... Shoes... Where the fuck are my fucking shoes! Dammit, I'm gonna be late!

Rummaging around my suite looking anywhere and everywhere – somehow including the microwave – for the heeled boots that I usually only wore out clubbing or to Frankie's when I was looking to pull – not that I was looking to pull with Mayfield or whatever... I just... really loved those boots...

Buzz.

Buzz...

Buzz—

Damnit! "Hello?" I half yelled into the phone, still rushing around my place to find the now other missing shoe after having located the first one behind the TV unit – god only knows how it got there...

"Jessica?" A familiar voice sounded out from the other end of the line, "are you ok?" The voice seemed genuinely concerned so I stopped my obviously hopeless attempt to find the missing heel and took a deep breath instead. However, before I spoke another word, I tried desperately to calm myself in order to avoid showing the slightest hint of my putting an actual effort in to get ready for today.

"Mayfield," I finally said as calmly as I could, standing smackdab in the middle of my living-room wearing nothing but a bra, a pair of skin-tight ripped jeans, and a single heeled shoe.

"Is, this a bad time?" She questioned, as I exhaled away from the phone until my breathing could properly pace itself.

"No," I lied, "not at all. What's up?"

"Well..." she began to say, "I figured that, since we're both heading the same way, if you want, maybe I could pick you up?" I paused for just the briefest of seconds, and she picked up on it within an instant, "but if you've already left or something, don't worry about it, I can just meet you there." She was right about to hang up when my voice did that thing again where it spoke before my brain could process what my lips were actually saying.

"I'm still at home, actually. So... a ride would be great." Still standing partially naked in the middle of my suite, I could feel her smile on the other end of the line as she said, ok, and hung up, and for some unexplainable reason, I could've sworn that in that very moment before she did, my body temperature might have risen a possible degree or two... possibly.

Setting down the phone on the coffee table beside me, I spotted the other heel out of the corner of my eye just beneath the stereo set. Bingo. I pulled the other one on with quite a bit of effort as they were almost as skin-tight as my jeans making them the perfect matching pair, and now for the top. I walked back over to the closet – which had originally been made as a second bedroom that I decided to re-renovated myself in order to suit my own personal needs (AKA: my impeccable fashion sense).

The tops that hung before me ranged everywhere from military tank-top to silk button-downs. The options were endless, and as I searched in a seemingly hopeless attempt to find the perfect top to match the lower half of the outfit that I had only worn a million times before, I finally landed on a white V-Neck tee with lace detailing that travelled straight down the back of the shirt, making it dressy, yet simple enough to still be me.

Adding the final touches of black mascara to the black eyeshadow that matched the black eyeliner perfectly, I heard my phone from on top of the coffee table where I had left it almost 20 minutes ago. She was here.

"Hello?"

"Hey..." her voice wavered ever so slightly on the line, "are you ready? I'm downstairs."

"I'll be right there." I said quickly, ending the call immediately as I felt the palms of my hands begin to sweat. The palms of my hands never sweat... ever.

Maybe I was just nervous about having a repeat of last time. Or perhaps it was the fact that once again, I would be travelling off into another realm that was far beyond my comfort zone with none other than the girl who was about to marry my very best friend - a dilemma for which I still wasn't quite sure about my feelings towards; but either way, this sweaty palm shit... sucked ass.

Grabbing the wallet that was just small enough to fit snugly into my back pocket, I shoved it in and grabbed my keys locking up behind me, and hooked the metal keychain I kept for sentimental reasons to the side loop of my jeans.

Here we go.