Lacey

Lying on the queen-sized bed in nothing but the hotel bathrobe, she couldn't help but to replay the message Jessica had left a short while ago, her heart in complete termoil between the rock and the hard place that she had undoubtedly wedged herself between. "I'm in love with you," her words kept ringing out inside Lacey's head, unable to shake the uneasy feeling that she knew exactly where she was coming from.

      Her stomach tied in nothing but knots, she could feel her mind racing back to the same place every single time... and it wasn't Daniel.

      Finally swallowing her pride along with everything else she had ever known, she jumped up from the bed, threw off her robe and began rummaging through her suitcase for a suitable pair of clothes. Enough was enough. Listening to Jessica's voicemail on repeat, she could no longer deny the feelings that she had been trying so desperately to bury deep down inside of her.

     Finally presentable enough to leave the hotel, she left the room immediately and almost ran towards the elevator, slamming down on the little arrow as if her life depended on it. Reaching the lobby, she handed the front desk her key explaining that she had an emergency and had to leave right away requesting that they call her a cab asap.

     Waiting just outsided the front doors, the cab finally pulled up after what seemed like a lifetime as she threw her suitcase in the backseat and slid in right behind it, giving the driver Jessica's address and closing the door with haste beside her. Fidgiting restlessly in the back seat, it was only then that she realized that she had absolutely no idea what she planned on doing when she got there or what she planned on confessing when she did.

     "What the hell are you doing Lacey? What the hell are you doing?" She whispered for no one but herself alone to hear.

     Finally pulling up to the lobby, she walked right up to the double doors while the concierge buzzed her in, recognizing her immediately to be a friend of Jessica's. Waiting for the elevator that appaeared to be taking forever and a day, the heavy metal door finally slid open and Lacey slid inside hitting the same floor she had several times before.

     After everything that had happened over the last couple days including her journey there, now standing before Jessia's door, Lacey had absolutely no idea what she was doing there. It suddenly dawned on her that for the very first time in all her life, she had truly been following her heart and not just what was inside her head.  

     Taking the deepest breath she had ever taken, she exhaled slowly and raised her hand to knock on the door.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

     Feeling a sense of utter accomplishment, she inhaled and then exhaled once more as she heard the locks turning from the other side. Her heart was about to beat straight ouf of her chest but the instant the door opened, it stopped dead mid-beat.

     "Lexa?"