Jess

Where was she?

She's completely lost inside her head.

I mean, it was her who forced me to come out to this stupid thing in the first place anyway, and now she was practically avoiding me like the plague? I don't get it. For a second there, it almost seemed as if she didn't actually want to rip my throat out with her rose coloured manicure. Right? Or was that all just in my head? We were perfectly fine - for us anyway - until that super hot waitress brought us the cake...

Wait.

Hold up.

Don't tell me that's why she started avoiding me, severing any and all types of eye contact? Did she really think I wouldn't notice? You have got to be kidding me though. Seriously? A homophobe? Daniel must've told her at some point! Although, I'm not quite sure how much of a hot topic I would be during their alone time conversation...

Ew.

Gross.

Don't go there.

This was seriously fucking ridiculous though. As if we honestly needed another reason for us to hate each other's guts...

Forget it. I'm out.

"I'm going for a smoke."

She held me back, and I wanted nothing more than to rip my sleeve from her hand and throw an endless array of profanities at her before storming out enraged, leaving behind the most uncomfortable scene imaginable for her to deal with in order to forcefully make her feel even a fraction of the emotions that she was undeniably putting on me by being such an ignorant bitch. Instead, all I could do was torment her slowly by playing dumb to her stupid reaction, waiting for her snap and finally admit the truth about what she really felt towards my being who I was.

She froze.

Bingo.

I was right after all; yet, somehow, the feeling that overtook me was not exactly the norm for this type of situation - one in which I had experienced many times before, - this time, her reaction almost stung. As she tried to apologize for it, her lack of words said more than any ever could. I couldn't help it.

"Does it disgust you that much?" Swallowing down, I kept my eyes locked on the door in front of me, refusing to give in to any and all emotions there were coursing through my veins at the sudden discovery of her true feelings towards the biggest part of me.

"No."

And just when I thought she might actually be the only person to ever be so blunt in the truth...

She loosened her grip and I pulled away. I began to head for the glass door leading outside of the room that was now causing my head to spin with rage - ...and disappointment? No. definitely not. I couldn't care less what she thought about me. If anything, all this did was just bring us right back to the very beginning as two complete opposites working together for the greater good of a loved one. Did I really expect anything different?