CHAPTER 08

jeongguk would not admit it but he missed the girl's presence yesterday. now he is waiting at the same spot of the beach, hoping that she will keep her promise of meeting him today.

"hey," just then the girl sat beside him, making him smile a little.

"hey," he greeted back.

just like everytime, silence engulfs them as they feel the calming breeze. "i did something for you from yesterday." lalisa told him.

"yeah? what is it?" he asked the girl.

the girl took of a leather necklace, giving it to him. jeongguk took a look at the vessel that contains a dark liquid inside.

"it is a healing potion. just the right amount to bring your ill father back to normal." lalisa explained.

he could not help but be suspicious of her actions, thinking what if the liquid is poison. he may have gotten comfortable with her but that does not mean he already put his guard down.

"i understand where you are coming from." lalisa suddenly said, as if she read his mind. "but please trust me on this one." she said, giving him a smile.

jeongguk did not answer. instead, he put on the necklace and continued to watch the sun set.

"did you want this?" she asked. jeongguk looked at her as if asking her to clear up her question. "being the future of your pack. being a part of this war." lalisa said, clearing up her question.

he sighed. "as a kid, yeah." jeongguk nodded.

"the thought of leading the pack sounded so right to me. but they trained me hard, and just like you, i did not have time for enjoying my life as a kid anymore." he started to open up.

"i did not know if i still wanted to be that person anymore. then i met you, and it added to the confusion." he sighed.

"but everything is all clear now. i can leave behind all my duties just so that i would not be a part of something that may hurt you." he said.

"why is that?" lalisa asked.

"i do not know if i should be saying this but it is because i may have been starting to feel somebthing towards you." jeongguk admitted, making the girl's eyes widen.