CHAPTER 06

he did not know why but he found himself making his way to the beach, hoping to find the girl there like he did yesterday.

talking and comforting her felt right to him and he didn't know why. he was right though, he found her sitting on the same exact spot that she was sitting on yesterday.

"lalisa." he called out to her.

the girl glanced at him and gave him a small smile. jeongguk went to her sat beside her again. the silence was comforting and the wind was calming.

"i went here in the hopes of meeting you," jeongguk confessed, not even knowing why but he felt obliged to tell her. "and i don't even know why." he told her.

he heard the girl sigh, making him look at her, meeting those beautiful blood red eyes. "it would not hurt to tell you that i did the same right? i felt like i needed you so i took the risk in going here."

she looked away and so did he. jeongguk found himself smiling a little. he was glad that she was comfortable with him around and the fact that she even opened up to him.

"what happened to your father? he looked as if he was ill. despit the fact that he was still being playful infront of my hot headed excuse of a father." lalisa asked him, scoffing as she mentioned one of her parents.

"he encountered a witch in the forest. being in an alliance with your father, the with used magic against him, making him fall ill." jeongguk told her.

"i see," lalisa muttered. "i apologise on behalf of my people." she told him.

he looked at her. "it pains me that we would have to face off in the battlefield after building a bond." he admitted.

"i feel th same way." the girl agreed.

she then stood up. "let us meet again tomorrow?" he asked her as she walked away.

"the day after tomorrow, jeongguk," she says, looking back at him slightly with a smile. "i will be busy tomorrow." she told him and left.

jeongguk watched as her figure disappeared from his sight. he chuckled to himself as he looked back at the scenery before him.