Soulmates (Part 4)

Ugggggghhhhhh my stomach wants to die

But here's this.

Yeah. Here we go.

More soulmate notes you don't really NEED to know, but here you go anyway: When a parent and child share a mark, it means that they are, literally, one of  the best examples of parent and child out there. They are the best for each other and the perfect pair. This obviously applies to any relationship as well, but it's especially rare for parent and child, making it one of the best bonds you could hope for.

Also, different marks can be different things. An example of a parent/child mark or Mentor/Mentee mark can be a protective animal or protective symbol, like a mother bear with a baby bear, or a symbol of two people embracing each other. The marks are left up to interpretation in this oneshot, so imagine whatever you will!

————

3rd Person POV

   The duo stared at their hands, before staring at each other, taking each other in more fully. Both of their eyes were wide, and knowing. Both were rendered speechless though, as they stared, waiting for the other to speak.

   Peter looked back at his hand, slowly moving his hand back and forth, away from Tony and back, watching as the glow of both soul marks fluctuated, both glows getting brighter and darker as they got closer and farther from each other. This only made the duo's eyes grow wider, confirming their suspicions fully.

   Peter slowly stood, letting his hand fall to his side as he nervously watched, opening his mouth before closing it, speechless.

   Tony only stares back, his mind racing with questions and finding himself, for the first time, speechless as well. There was nothing he could think of to understand the situation, no way to diffuse it or handle it.

   Finally, after what felt like an awkward eternity for the pair (which actually ended up being only 3 minutes), Peter spoke up nervously, saying, "S-So... your my, um..."

   "Yeah, I... I guess so kid." Tony said, snapping out of his stupor. 'Gotta keep it cool... figure out how to deal with this.' He thought as he awkwardly pat Peter on the shoulder, saying, "Bit of a surprise, huh kid?" He said, trying to ease the tension with humor. Peter laughed a little, saying, "Y-Yeah..."

   Peter fidgeted nervously though, before speaking up, saying, "I get it if you're disappointed... I'm probably not what you were expecting." 

   "No, no kid! I've been waiting to meet you! And I want to get to know you, if that's alright with you." Tony said, offering a genuine smile.

   Peter returned the smile, saying, "Y-Yeah, I'd like that...."

.

.

.

   That was a year ago.

   Since then, Tony and Peter have gotten to know each other quite well. And just as the soulmate marks told, they were the best for each other. Tony boosted Peters confidence and festered his likes and, in turn, Peter kept him company and helped him become happier and healthier.

   It didn't come without hardship though. When May died from a wreak, Peter was devastated. Tony, realizing that Peter not only needed a home, but also that Peter needed someone to ground him and be there for him in his superhero life and help him through all the grief. This made Tony adopt Peter, and only affirming it after realizing the duo was really a father and son duo, rather than a strictly mentor and mentee relationship.

   And also, when Tony found out Peter was Spider-Man, that was hard. If Tony was protective before, he definitely was now, making him a new suit and monitoring him to protect him. Peter thought it was comforting, but also a little annoying how much Tony checked on him and made sure he was okay.

   They never did forget that first meeting though, and enjoyed watching their marks glow as they fell asleep on the couch together, or when they were in the lab. The glow that connects them.

   Not that they weren't already connected in all other ways though.

————

687 words 

I am tirrreeeddddd

I didn't know what I was doing that entire chapter though.

Hope you liked that crap, bye.

-🍎SiederTreeStudios🍎-