Soulmates (Part 1) (Read the A/N)

Okay, this is gonna work a little differently in relation to the story:

Soulmates share a definitive feature. These features glow whenever you're near your supposed soulmate. You get two "Soul marks," (they look like tattoos almost) meaning they could be any type of relationship, platonic or romantic. Romantic marks usually stand out, they're pretty obvious on a person, and glow warmer colors. Platonic marks are usually harder to find off the bat, and glow cooler colors when you're near said soul mate. I think this is an interesting concept and I might use it more often. We'll just have to see though :)

Anyway, one with the oneshot!

————

Tony Stark POV

   Soul marks have always been important to me.

   Not only are they anomalies, virtually unknown and unpredictable by science, but they are interesting to think about. One of your soulmates could be anywhere.

   I've found one, of course, with Pepper. The soulmate mark for her was a rose on my right hand, which glowed a ruby red whenever I was near her. It fascinated me just watching it ignite, and light up.

   But I've always wondered about the platonic soulmate mark on the palm of my left hand. I stared at it for hours sometimes, hoping the dull blue would light up, and I'd find out who this person is and what they would mean to me. I always thought I'd never find out, considering it was rare to even find your soulmate.

   Eventually though, I gave up hope. 'I'll probably never find them. If I do, great, if I don't, well I should've expected disappointment. It was rare I even found Pepper. I should be happy with what I have.'

   But there was always a small part of me hoping, dreaming, of who it could be.

————

Peter Parker POV

   "Aunt May? Uncle Ben? What does the sign on my hand mean?" I said, gazing at them questioningly. Aunt May and Uncle Ben where sitting on the couch, watching a documentary on soulmates. Aunt May smiled and said, "That's your soulmate mark, silly! It's blue, meaning they'll probably be your best friend, or your favorite helper, or maybe a mentor!"

   "When can I meet them? Oh please tell me I get to meet them soon!" I said sitting next to Aunt May and Uncle Ben on the couch. Uncle Ben ruffled my hair and said, "Soon bud. I'm sure you'll find them soon. And when you do, be sure to say a big hello!" Ben and I laughed, mirth at the tips of our eyes. Aunt May sighed and said, "Yes, I'm sure they'll be happy to know you, Peter. After all, who wouldn't be?"

.

.

.

   "Love you Aunt May!" I said as I grabbed some toast before running out the door. 'I'm gonna be late!' I thought as May said, "Bye Peter! Have a good day at school!"

   I rushed out of my apartment, reaching the subway just in time. When I got to school, I put my stuff away quickly and rushed into the science class just on time, grabbing my project for the fair and checking it's features, making sure everything worked correctly. I still couldn't believe that the Tony Stark is coming to our science fair! I knew I had to make it perfect, I wanted to impress him. After all, he is my childhood hero! I had worked really hard on this, it was a design based on J.A.R.V.I.S. called Karen. It could only follow basic commands like "what's the weather like", or, "look up so and so", and stuff, but I was really proud of it.

   The school day passed by slowly, I found myself itching in last period to rush out the door when a announcement popped on. "Students participating in the science fair this evening, please report to the gym. You may grab your projects from the engineering lab and begin setting up your station. Be on your best behavior." The metallic and slightly distorted voice of Mrs. Graives, the vice principal, announced.

   "Alright, George, Peter, Flash, Ned, and Maria, go and do your best!" Our over enthusiastic teacher, Mr. Reahs said, beckoning towards the door over dramatically. "Talk about theatre major." I heard George mutter under his breath as we ran out the door, rushing to get to the engineering room first. I slid in after Ned and Maria, grabbing the small box that held my project. The poster board and stuff was already in the gym, so I didn't need to worry about that.

   When we got to the gym, I set up quickly and sat in the chair, testing out Karen, when I happened to glance at the palm of my hand. And the weird part is?

   The soulmate mark was glowing blue for the first time.

   I stared at it. 'Is my soulmate nearby? That one person who will mean so much to me?' I thought. I shook myself out of my thoughts, 'No, it can't be. No one here is it, I think. I would've known if they were in this school. It's dull, so they're a little bit away from me. Who could it be though?'

   Little did I know that Tony Stark, who was leaning on the doorframe of the gym, waiting to surprise all the nerds, was staring at his hand too, pondering the same thing.

————

903 words 

Oof that was part one. 

Part two is coming.

My hands are tired.

Later Webheads.

-🍎SiederTreeStudios🍎-