6 • Protecting Our Friends

Start from the beginning

Tomioka-san ?

He didn't answer you. Instead, he turned his gaze to the demon and slashed him.

𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 : 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕊𝕥𝕪𝕝𝕖, 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕚𝕕𝕖

The body of the enemy was sliced into piece.

So it's really you, you said as you walked toward him.

The young man looked at you without answering. He was looking at you as if he never saw you before which wasn't true. You then remembered that Giyū was probably one of the few Pillar who never saw your face.

I'm [First Name] [Last Name].

... No, you're not, he replied as he frowned.

Why would I lie? you said, surprised.

You then show him your broken mask to prove your identity.

If it's really you then should have been able to kill this demon without help.

You lowered your head from shame. Indeed, this colossus should not have been a problem for you. But since you had lowered your guard you could not defeat him faster. All these things happened because you weren't focus and the fact that you couldn't enter the silent room was the proof.

Fight me Hanhan Baori! Inosuke yelled at Tomioka. You beat one of the twelve demons moons and I'll beat you ! If I do the calculations I'll be the strongest one!

— Discipline yourself once more, you fool! he answered coldly. That wasn't one of the Twelve moon just now. You don't even get that?

I do get it! Tanjirō said he was one of them! I just told you exactly what he told me... Eh?

The Water Pillar then attached him to a tree like it was nothing.

You looked at Inosuke with concerned look.

I'm sorry I didn't protect you and Tanjirō-kun. Because of me you're injured... stay here for now, Inosuke-kun

Without hearing his reply, you then ran after Giyū who were already far from you. Since he wasn't waiting for you so you had to speed up to catch him.

~•~•~•~

When you arrived at Tomioka's side, you saw him slashing a cage of threads which was reducing around Tanjirō.

I'm glad you're not dead, Tanjirō-kun! Good job !

[First Name]-san! he said when you walked toward him. You look ok too.

And there lay the problem, you muttered to yourself. I'm sorry for not bei-

Why there is even more people here ? the demon said.

You looked at Tomioka who were ready to end the demon and called his name to catch his attention.

Strangely, now that you knew that both of your new friends were ok, your mind had calmed down. The door of the silent room was still closed but you could felt that you were near to the good state of mind for entering it.

Tomioka-san, please, let me taking care of him, you asked as you unsheathe your sword.

He gave you an approval gaze and the put back his sword to his sheath.

You walked slowly to the demon, looking at him right in his eyes.

You and your little band killed a lot of humans here, isn't it ? But things are ending here. You're the only one alive for, it's time for you to find the other world.