22.

It was a Tuesday evening and other staff members had begun to pack up their belonging, ready to leave at the end of yet another working day. However, the same could not be said for Mia.

She was practically ready to leave, her bag on her shoulder and her ID card in hand, ready to tap onto the lift. Only for her back luck to kick in.

Sebastian had stopped her on her way out and told her to meet him at the car park exit, where he would be waiting for her.

Instantly, she knew that this wasn't a case of him being nice and offering to drop her home. Something was fishy, but when she questioned him on it, he offered her a snarky response and told her it was for a work commitment.

Begrudgingly, Mia did as she was told and met him at the car park exit and then got in his car.

"Where are we going?" Mia asked Sebastian, as she secured herself in his car with the seatbelt.

"Site inspection," was all that he replied and then drove off in the direction of wherever this site was meant to be, with Mia remaining confused as ever.

'It was nearing 7 pm and soon it would be getting to a pitch-black sky, this was hardly a time for a site inspection,' she thought.

"Now?" She questioned him, voicing her suspicion.

Keeping his eyes on the road, Sebastian replied, "I just need to collect some papers from the guy at a new site. It won't take long."

"But this late? It's basically nighttime," Mia said, she just wanted to get back to her bed and pyjamas.

"Scared?" Sebastian asked with a condescending tone and glanced towards Mia, who was glaring at him.

"Takes a lot more than a pitch-black sky to scare me," Mia retorted.

"Good. Then you won't mind," Sebastian smiled.

Mia didn't like it when Sebastian smiled. There was something about that smile, that irked it. Nothing good came from it, especially when there was a twinkle in those hazel eyes of his.

"Why did I need to come along for this? Surely you're more than capable to collect some papers on your own?" She asked him.

"You're my assistant," Sebastian stated. "Where I go, you go. Besides, this is official company business. Don't flatter yourself thinking I wanted to go on a drive with you," he scoffed, whilst Mia was irritated with his words.

"Ha, you wish," Mia snorted.

Sebastian chuckled. "No, love. I'm pretty sure you do."

This caused Mia to groan, a lot more louder than usual, to get her point across that she didn't want to be here.

***

After a seemingly long drive, Sebastian and Mia reached a construction site where a three-storey building was being built.

As Sebastian parked his car, he made a move to get out, unbuckling his seatbelt. However, just as Mia began to do the same, he stopped her.

"Wait," he said.

"What?" Mia froze, thinking that there was something near her seatbelt, like a spider. Her pride would surely take a hit if he saw her freak out over a spider.